FLORIDA HUNTERS: I need a mentor.

RAIDERDIVER

Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey guys, first time poster here. In the real world I am a VP for a large investment bank, but ever since I was a kid growing up on the TX coast, I have dreamed of diving wrecks, and hope to make wreck hunting part of my retirement plan. This June I hope to take the first step in realizing that dream, even if in a small way. I will be taking the family down to the keys for a weeks vacation. While there, I will desperately be seeking the opportunity to work alongside an experienced hunter for a day or two. I have the basic PADI OW cert, and am a former WSQ Qualified Combat Swim Instructor for the USMC (third generation). My goal is to gain some experience in research, equipment, etc by working under an experienced hunter a few times a year. If any of you can suggest a diver working in Florida that could use an extra set of hands, and is willing to teach, I would love to hear about it. Thanks!

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I recommend you take Scott (above) up on his offer. He has helped numerous guys here on this forum realize their dreams. He's the real deal.

OP
OP
R

RAIDERDIVER

Mar 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Scott, thanks for that generous offer. When do you expect to be diving again?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread