I wouldn't really mind a bit of frost for a couple of days and then to be able to go out back to the beach to do a bit more detecting.
I use to live in Thunderbay, Ontario. When we'd go out to a bar to celebrate New Years Eve, we'd have to either keep our cars running or plug them into the parking bar to keep the heater coil hot, or we'd never get the darn things started again at -25 F. Now I live in Toronto. It's a bit better, still a bit cold but not deadly cold. Normal winter temps here range from - 5 to 20 F. We built a back yard ice rink 2 weeks ago, it should stay frozen for a month or two.
I just hope that Florida is nice and warm by March, when I'll be taking my annual trip with the family.
Stay warm.
Ralph