Let me guess.......You work for the medical system right? Calling us ig-norant?

Well, I NEVER get sick and I'm in my early 40's. Are you saying the elderly should get the shot because the flu can kill them, or are you suggesting young people get a shot too even if they never get sick?
The big dozy that's been knocking people out for two weeks this winter, was NOT prevented by the shots everyone got. This year's flu shots did jack sh*t!
Kids getting measles at Disneyland? Oh no, I got the measles and chicken pox when I was a kid and when my body built up immunity like it's supposed to, I will never suffer from that again!
Funny thing how the body works as nature takes it's course. The unfortunate part nowadays, is that too many take crap like flu shots, antibiotics, (doctors prescribe that for everything) allergy pills....you name it!
Everything I was told I was allergic to as a kid, I dove into (mud, mold, willows, poison ivy, dust) and my body eventually built immunity and now I'm not allergic to these things. Never took an allergy pill once.
Don't trust doctors? If I showed my doctor that a certain plant extract (essential oils) cured something faster than what big pharma puts on the market, he'd throw me out of his office!
One time I had chest pains and two different doctors prescribed Prozac without even looking deeper. I got an x-ray and it showed my spine out of whack, causing two ribs to pull on my chest. It was easily cured by proper stretches and exercises. I remember both doctors saying "Well, chest pains are a sign of anxiety." Just like that, I got two prescriptions for Prozac in a matter of minutes.
You damn right I don't trust doctors!

[/
1- hopefully you understand that ignorance simply means uninformed. I'm not calling anyone names.
2- with your experiences and perceptions why would you ever go to a doctor at all?
3-I'm not saying every bit of medical advice is gospel and every available medication Is a cure all. However, the flu shot has been shown to be very safe for most people and the benefit far outweighs the risk. Obviously it's not 100% as most things aren't. Heck, peanut butter kills some people.
4-getting the flu may not kill YOU or even make you that sick. It may kill the person you pass it along to or the next one tho who could be a child or family member.
5-I just find it so perplexing the reasons people use that are so adamantly against it. Yet they think nothing of stuffing their bodies with fat, calories, alcohol, cigarettes, etc that is obviously so much more dangerous.
6-if no one got the flu shot, people would actually see how deadly it could be and they would be scared to death.
7-yes everyone should get a flu shot that is not at a specific risk for getting it. Young & old. Obviously everyone has the right not to get one and I'm not trying to say anyone is a bad person if they don't. Just uninformed...IN MY OPINION.