What's new

Flying Eagle!!

Brentallica

Bronze Member
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
2,177
Reaction score
830
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last couple old yard digs scores me my first Flying Eagle Cent. Happy to check this one off the list. Funny - with the extra nickel in the coin, I was surprised when I saw the back side and immediately thought - Wow that didn't hit like an Indian. When I flipped it over the real surprise kicked in!! Down about 10". The "shot" Walker is a 1918. My first thought was - oh man it is damaged. Now, however, I am happy and can only imagine the story behind it. 1934 Union Pacific "Lucky Piece" token was a fun find although I must admit at first sight I thought it was another Half :laughing7:. Few relics and 22 Wheaties ranging from 1918 to 57D. Goggled the little key that is made in England and it turns out to be a key from a Jaguar. The oblong keys were for the boot (trunk) or glove compartment.
Thanks for looking and good luck out there!!
 

Attachments

  • DSCN6050.webp
    DSCN6050.webp
    102.5 KB · Views: 138
  • DSCN6053.webp
    DSCN6053.webp
    124.9 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN6060.webp
    DSCN6060.webp
    103.6 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCN6058.webp
    DSCN6058.webp
    131.7 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCN6055.webp
    DSCN6055.webp
    130.8 KB · Views: 136
Outstanding digs!!!
 
Awesome digs! I like the shot Walker. It has character! :headbang:
 
Super hunt there ! Need one like that here =D Love that walker also !
 
Nice.......................love the Walker,shot or not!!
 
Awesome bunch of finds you got there Brent and congratulations on your first flying eagle cent :thumbsup:
 
Bet that Walker could tell a story! Congrats on the Flyer too B, still on my bucket list!
 
Congrats on your first Flying Eagle, Brent. :hello2: (I hope to find one someday when I grow up.) Neat shot Walker, too. Nice relics....now go find that Jaguar. :icon_thumleft:

HH
 
dude....killer. how many people can say they've dug a shot walker! What an awesome find!! I might even take that over that elusive FE! Congrats on a couple of sweet firsts bro!!
 
Great finds. Still haven't checked the Flying Eagle off my list yet. Maybe its around the corner. Looks like a few nice yards.

DH24
 
I wonder if someone was holding that walker in their hand when it was shot
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom