Flying Saucer?

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This past weekend I found two cellar holes. One is way too over grown so I will have to wait a couple weeks before hitting that one hard. The second is in a nicely mowed field. The house was torn down approximately 85 years ago and stood on the spot for approximately 50 years that. There was the house and two out buildings; a cow barn and a blacksmith shop. I hit it pretty hard yesterday for a few hours and got soaked for my troubles. I found only a buckle, a jack knife and this little bauble.

Anyone have any idea what it is? It is approximately 1.75 inches across. There are two posts on the back so it must have been attached to something at one point. It is copper? and glass. There looked like there may have been a picture under the glass at one time but I can't make it out. It is just a red splotch now. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• what is it 001.jpg
    what is it 001.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 478
  • what is it 002.jpg
    what is it 002.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 482
  • what is it 003.jpg
    what is it 003.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 489
OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep...you guys nailed it. I will add it to all of the buckles I have found. I will soon be able to make my own harness with all of the tack I have been finding. ;D

Upvote 0
OP
OP
romeo-1

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I showed this to my father in law who is 74 and he remembers it as belonging to his grandfather. The cellar hole I am detecting currently was his grandfather's house so he has been invaluable in giving me the lay of the land. He even drew me a detailed drawing of where the building once stood in relation to the house.

While showing him the rosette a neighbor came to visit and she told me of another cellar hole nearby. Needless to say my next set of days off will be very busy!

Upvote 0

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just my luck, they dont even know what a cellar is down here..To my knoweledge there are two older Victorian homes with cellars still standing. You have to keep a sump pump operating all the time to keep them dry.

Flying Saucer...

Attachments

• ufo130130CLR[1].gif
    ufo130130CLR[1].gif
    26.3 KB · Views: 253
  • ufo130130CLR[1].gif
    ufo130130CLR[1].gif
    26.3 KB · Views: 229
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread