cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All. I found this last night at 1920's house near Clermont, FL. I see where these have been found before but cannot find anything specific about it.

Is it a watch fob? How old is it? I am thinking that it a commemorative piece like maybe the 100th anniversary of Illinois statehood?

LMK if you have any ideas on this piece. Thanks and good luck. C9

Attachments

• 15 CL16 081115 ILL Fob Rev.jpg
    15 CL16 081115 ILL Fob Rev.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 95
  • 17 CL16 081115 ILL Fob Obv.jpg
    17 CL16 081115 ILL Fob Obv.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 93

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
I agree with that time period, but don't think it was related to the state's centennial, as I'd guess the other states shown in the search below we're made at basically the same time, and the statehood dates are pretty spread out: state seal watch fob "on genuine bronze" - Google Search
-it seems silly that the company didn't put their name on the back... I wonder if the patent can be located to help date these, as people have widely differing ages in their sales listings I see.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
cambria09

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with that time period, but don't think it was related to the state's centennial, as I'd guess the other states shown in the search below we're made at basically the same time, and the statehood dates are pretty spread out: state seal watch fob "on genuine bronze" - Google Search
-it seems silly that the company didn't put their name on the back... I wonder if the patent can be located to help date these, as people have widely differing ages in their sales listings I see.

Hello nhbenz. I agree with your take on this find. I see the same shape for different state seals so they must have been produced at the same time and sold as a personalized item based on what state you wanted to buy. Maybe they were made as a keepsake for some event like a worlds fair or exposition back in the day.

Thanks for the replies and good luck. C9

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread