PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out again for a 2-3 hour beach hunt with SPhillips last Sun. in Sebastian. Construction and beach work ruined our plans to park/meet at the metal gate about 900 meters north of, and then head south to, McClarty. He had to start about 2000 meters north. I got there later but found a beach access about 1500 meters north that put me within eyesight of him. It was a beautiful day. You can see the furrows from the heavy equipment in these images.
BeachConditionsAndRenourishmentStarted1.JPG BeachConditionsAndRenourishmentStarted4.JPG

He filled me in on his finds which consisted of some grey/white metal rectangles (modern aluminum?) like this one I found.
MetalPairRectangleTop2.JPG MetalPairRectanglebottom1.JPG MetalPairRectangleEdge5.JPG
He also found some other interesting curved grey/white metal (pewter?) we weren't sure about.

After we left, I received approval/permission to access the beach this one time at an area just south of the museum. I headed north past the museum and had limited finds. no positive ID on any of it but still fun.
GroupShot1.JPG GroupShot2.JPG GroupShot3.JPG

Conglomerate and pottery dark shard (?)
IronConglomerate1.JPG IronConglomerate2.JPG IronConglomerateOrPottery1CentScaleBack.JPG

5/8" diameter stone reef balls.
MatchingRoundPebbles2Nice.JPG MatchingRoundPebbles1.JPG

Two pieces of grey/white metal, including the rectangle shown earlier.
MetalPair1.JPG MetalPair2.JPG

The amoeba shaped one might be sliver since it seems to have some black spots/tarnishing on it. It also looks to be folded over on itself on one end.
MetalPairFlatBottom1.JPG MetalPairFlatBottom2-CentScale1.JPG MetalPairFlatBottom3Close-OK.JPG

MetalPairFlatEdge4Folded-OppostieSideVNice.JPG MetalPairFlatEdge4Folded-VNice.JPG

All in all it turned into a great day to finally get the AT Max back in the swing of things.
Thanks for looking and any insight into any of the items.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot I found this odd little female. Never seen one before (2 actually) but they are called a "Beach mole Crab" and this is a female and larger than a sand flea. When I first saw it I thought I had cut a sand flea in half because it was as wide as it was long but still trying to dig. Notice the little circular claws on the front and hind legs. It's hard to describe, but it was digging through the sand differently than a normal sand flea. Like a tank compared to a submarine for the sand flea. Both returned to the sea unharmed to feed a pompano at some later date.
BeachMoleCrabTop.JPG BeachMoleCrabUnderside4.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 9

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Test it. Any weight to it? Kinda looks like aluminum.

OP
OP
PetesPockets55

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Test it. Any weight to it? Kinda looks like aluminum.
Thanks Digger.
I've never tested silver and not sure how its done. I thought of aluminum but the blackish discoloration (dark or black toning on silver coins) is making me wonder. Plus it's fairly rigid and not flimsy on the edges like aluminum would be. I'll probably have to bring it to a jeweler or the local coin shop to test it.
For whatever it might be worth, the single layer is +-1mm thick and the folder area is +-2 mm thick.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that molten metal might actually be shuttle debris
i found a melted piece of titanium that i was told was from shuttle disaster in that same area
was told other piece had been found over the yrs

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for sharing! :occasion14:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres my piece - you know what kind of force it took to twist and rip this apart
attachment.php

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Specific gravity is an easy way...sure will tell alum vs silver.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting