What's new

Fooled me again!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,676
Reaction score
43,380
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was still plenty warm but I thought I'd try.

Didn't turn out too terrible although I had to stick to the shadows.

2016 (511).webp
2016 (513).webp

These things aren't exactly cheap and it was
underground!

2016 (515).webp

The thing on the right is a hunk of lead.
The other? No clue.

2016 (512).webp
2016 (514).webp

Three whole wheats, slightly toasted. ;)

2016 (516).webp
2016 (517).webp

This puppy came out after I'd asked for a silver
to finish the day with, (I meant a silver coin! :BangHead: )

It rang up at "90" in all directions and I was very happy!
I said, "Hear we go!"

Oh well, got what I asked for, no complaints.
(Good one, Lord!)

Thanks for stopping by!
 
Upvote 56
Another decent hunt, and a silver ring too!
 
Nice Hunting! :occasion14:
 
nice hunk of change ! and wheats.

cool another ring to the collection too
 
Nice THUNDERBIRD ring.
 
Nice finds ! Congrats and HH
 
Whadi, I dug one of those expensive Maglites at my soccer field last month...and it still worked! Nice ring....ddf
 
Congrats on the silver and other nice finds
 
Your mystery item looks similar to some older starter mechanisms. If possible a pic of the other side of it please.
 
nice hunk of change ! and wheats.

cool another ring to the collection too

Thanks! Yeah, this ring is a lil more solid than the pic shows. 2.8 gr.
A very nice surprise. :)
 
Whadi, I dug one of those expensive Maglites at my soccer field last month...and it still worked! Nice ring....ddf

I suspect this one has been buried for quite some time. It does appear to be water tight but I can't get the battery compartment open. I figure it has, at the least, dead batteries. (Might be why I found it! LOL ) The light bulb end appears to be ok. I can get thru there. We'll see.
Thanks!
 
Your mystery item looks similar to some older starter mechanisms. If possible a pic of the other side of it please.

Sure thing!

2016 (518).webp

Looking a lil closer....I'm thinking, maybe, a part of a weed wacker. :dontknow:

Thanks!
 
Congratulations on the T-Bird ring, Whadi! She's a beaut. Sub 8-)
 
That's still one nice silver ring ;) Congrats dude.
 
Well that was a productive walk!
Nice chuncky silver ring and wheats! Congrats!
I think its a little too heavy for Blingie's neck, he'll get neck strain.

I love the flashlight! Probably still works, as long as battery acid hasn't eaten it.

I've seen that black round thing somewhere. Maybe a weed wacker like they said. Or some kind of pull starter. Funny the little black teeth along the edge sticks in my mind. :sly:

Ask and you will receive!
Its funny how we go one way and He goes down a different branch of the same path, and it always brings a smile!
 
Last edited:
Nice hunt. Plenty of finds and silver too.
 
Congratualtions on the silver ring! Both, Blingie and Fishy seem to be content. :occasion14:
 
Your ring sells on Etsy for $70.00
 
Your ring sells on Etsy for $70.00

I saw some of that out there too. Kinda hard to believe though. Unless this maker is "in", these days. ;)
Near as I can tell, this hallmark dates it something like pre-1972. :dontknow:

Thanks for the info!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom