? for GPAA members

rickchittum

Greenie
Dec 2, 2008

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
I live in ulster county NY and am a life member of the GPAA. I think it is worth it as you can go to one of there claims and know your not going to get in any trouble and you will find some gold. I am going to the Swank Ohio claim for 4 days this week.

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
I'm not a member but thinking of joining for the same reasons above. I wish they had more claims in New Mexico!

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
If you use your membership it's money well spent. They are a fun group to be around and you'll never feel ignored but instead, you'll come away with a wealth of information. By all means, join and enjoy yourself, you can't go wrong.

Desertfox

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
the gpaa has quite a few members that can teach you a whole lot about prospecting and that by itself is a good reason to join.

the claims still hold small amounts of gold but the best way to prospect is to learn your rivers and how the minerals act during a flood and where the most likely areas are that will possibly hold PM's.

the old timers can teach you things that you just cant learn in a book and the gpaa is loaded with them.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a new prospector the GPAA cant be beat :thumbsup:

Buzzard Special $67.50

* GPAA MEMBERSHIP-this includes husband/ wife or significant others and children under the age of 18
* GOLD PROSPECTORS MAGAZINE-a bi-monthly magazine
* CLAIMS GUIDE MINING GUIDE-filled with GPAA claims for you and your family to prospect and camp on for up to 14 days
* GPAA PROSPECTING PERMIT-need this permit when prospecting on ALL gpaa claims
* PICK AND SHOVEL NEWSLETTERS-newsletters to update you on new and possible closed claims
* 14” GOLD PAN
* GPAA MEMBERSHIP PATCH
* GPAA WINDOW DECAL
* GPAA HAT-baseball style hat
* GPAA BUMPER STICKER
* SNUFFER BOTTLE
* SUREFIRE PANNING VIDEO-shows you techniques for panning gold HOW TO READ YOUR MINING GUIDE BOOK-good tips to better prospecting with your Mining Guide book
* TWO FREE ORE EVALUATIONS-not an assay, but our Claims department will help determine if its gold or not.

GG~

I paid $98.00 back when I first joined, so the Buzzard special is an awesome deal!

BuzzardSpecial.jpg

got gold

Sep 9, 2009
gf1978, I'm a member of the GPAA Matthews NC chapter. Our President lives in Kannapolis. Go to the GPAA web-site for chapters in NC and you will find info for our chapter. Matter of fact, we have an outing on 19-20 Sept. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

daleshark

Mar 26, 2007
Central Valley, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, DX-1 probe,6x10 DD , 4x6 shooter, eclipse 950
I've been a member for about three years now and its good to be able to go to claims that are in their claims book in my area.
So for me its worth it. I've also used one of their three day passes that you get when you join and get to go to one of their claims and that was a pretty fun time and a very nice setting.

daleshark

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's money well spent .
Tom Massie is one of the nicest guys I ever met.

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
toms old man was the cool one he, my dad and his bud hit the kern back in the late 60s and hit a big one.(thats when i met the buzzard)

my dad came back with 2 gallon jugs full to the top with flower and flakes.

Tom if you read this my dad is shorty and his prospecting buddy was dirty bob.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any GPAA in Michigan.....

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks beaks... that will do just fine....

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay grzbear hows the stud finder go'en fer ya.lol

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
rickchittum said:
I am strongly considering joining GPAA. Mainly because they seem to be well organized and know where the gold is. Is the membership worth the money? Or could O do as well trudging out myself. I thought it would be a great way to make new friends and learn some valueable information. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rick

Rick, I Keep mine active, even though i live in Nebraska, because generally get to a couple claims in CO or WY during the summer. if I were in CA or OR, or AZ definitely would be of value. Saves a lot of research time for finding open ground.. Making sure you don't claim jump, all you have to do is look in the claim guide and get our the GPS and drive to a location.

leatherneck

Apr 20, 2009
St. Petersburg, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug DP
I live in Western Washington State. I joined the GPAA 10 years ago. I went to every claim they had on the west side of the Cascade range and found that not one of them was marked properly or sometimes not at all. One claim even seemed to be jumped. The real owners of the claim were pissed at all the GPAA members coming out there. I called the phone number I had at the time and offered to help GPAA properly mark all the claims and give better directions and descriptions of them. They never called me back and nothing ever changed. I would hope that this bad experience was because of the local GPAA leadership not doing a good job. I would suggest to talk to local members and see what they have to say about their claims before you join. Good luck and may the gold be with you!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread