? for GPAA members

For a new prospector the GPAA cant be beat :thumbsup:

Buzzard Special $67.50

* GPAA MEMBERSHIP-this includes husband/ wife or significant others and children under the age of 18
* GOLD PROSPECTORS MAGAZINE-a bi-monthly magazine
* CLAIMS GUIDE MINING GUIDE-these are GPAA claims for your family to prospect and camp on for up to 14 days
* GPAA PROSPECTING PERMIT-need this permit when prospecting on ALL gpaa claims
* PICK AND SHOVEL NEWSLETTERS-newsletters to update you on new and possible closed claims
* 14” GOLD PAN
* GPAA MEMBERSHIP PATCH
* GPAA WINDOW DECAL
* GPAA HAT-baseball style hat
* GPAA BUMPER STICKER
* SNUFFER BOTTLE
* SUREFIRE PANNING VIDEO-shows you techniques for panning gold HOW TO READ YOUR MINING GUIDE BOOK-good tips to better prospecting with your Mining Guide book
* TWO FREE ORE EVALUATIONS-not an assay, but our Claims department will help determine if its gold or not.

GG~

I paid $98.00 back when I joined, so the Buzzard special is an awesome deal!

I would join but the GPAA only have 2 claims anywhere near me (couple hours drive away), and currently one of them is closed (the closest one to me, go figure). And since I live in the Mtns already, I can pretty much go outside and prospect in one of several close streams or rivers.

I just found out yesterday from talking to some neighbors down the street I had never talked to before, that a guy who lived 1 mile away from me on the same street, was a prospector, who worked the stream in his backyard for 25 years. He died 2 weeks ago from a heart attack at the age of 48 or 49. I never knew another prospector lived so close to me and I wish I could have met him before he died.

Astrobouncer said:
I would join but the GPAA only have 2 claims anywhere near me (couple hours drive away), and currently one of them is closed (the closest one to me, go figure). And since I live in the Mtns already, I can pretty much go outside and prospect in one of several close streams or rivers.

I just found out yesterday from talking to some neighbors down the street I had never talked to before, that a guy who lived 1 mile away from me on the same street, was a prospector, who worked the stream in his backyard for 25 years. He died 2 weeks ago from a heart attack at the age of 48 or 49. I never knew another prospector lived so close to me and I wish I could have met him before he died.

The GPAA also uses a portion of the membership fees to lobby against anti prospecting legislation. They have helped prevent several anti dredging bills from being passed and other anti prospecting land use bills as well.

Sorry to hear about your neighbor Astrobouncer, he was way too young to die. Did he have a wife, children?

GG~

See if there are any chapters close to you and go to one of their meetings. For the chapters membership is free and being a GPAA member is not required. This way you can talk to other members and find out if you want to join. Besides most of us waste more than $70 on stuff we shouldn't so why not join? If you do join and there is a local chapter tell GPAA you are a part of that chapter and the chapter gets $10 dollars.

Have been a member for a couple years now, If nothing else its nice to have access to lots of different claims! That alone is worth the small amount of money for the membership :thumbsup:

ok I gotta ask do folks find anything on the GPAA claims or are you just gettin dust in hunted outs` places ?

Tank69 said:
ok I gotta ask do folks find anything on the GPAA claims or are you just gettin dust in hunted outs` places ?

Check the videos on my website................ www.wildboarprospecting.com
Go to trommel videos watch the panning the heavies video................You will see some good gold off a GPAA Claim!

As Goodyguy states, a portion of the membership money goes to lobbying efforts to keep prospecting open and that is important. Small claims are being taken away on technicalities so that they can be given to large mining interests (Spring Valley, NV). In addition, the ghost towns in the western states are being leveled by BLM to discourage tourists from visiting them (Rawhide,NV, Sulphur,NV). All of this has occured under the past administration so do not go hollering about those damn liberals. Lobbying efforts for the small prospector and claim holders are important! In addition, it gives you access to hundreds of claims and if there is no gold there, they are wonderful places to dry camp on. $67.50 a year is a cheap place for a camping space in every state across the country. :icon_sunny: :thumbsup:

Their Membership mining claims guide book is about 1".1/4 thich and packed full of maps and directions to the claims that members can axcess. As for finding gold,, If ya haven't prospected before, ya should hook up with people who have to learn the equipment and the tricks. It will save you a bunch of time to get to the color.

T.Parker :icon_thumleft: thanks neighbor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back