njnydigger
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jun 4, 2009
- Messages
- 829
- Reaction score
- 29
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Found this flat button over the weekend. Would like the history on it (who wore it, age, battle or skirmish, etc.). I gleaned some information on it from over the web, but, any additional help nailing it down would be nice.
On the back, it says "TREBLE GILT STAND". There also appears to be a "C & L" too. And finally, what looks to be either "COL" OR "GOL" or something to that effect.
The lettering is under what could possibly be gold gilt or some type of paint that looks gold.
A hair bit smaller than a U.S. nickel and roughly the same thickness as a U.S. quarter.
Appreciate your help
On the back, it says "TREBLE GILT STAND". There also appears to be a "C & L" too. And finally, what looks to be either "COL" OR "GOL" or something to that effect.
The lettering is under what could possibly be gold gilt or some type of paint that looks gold.
A hair bit smaller than a U.S. nickel and roughly the same thickness as a U.S. quarter.
Appreciate your help
Btw, you were NOT disappointing me at all. Quite the contrary, you were filling in the blanks for me on this terrific piece. Since I live & hunt in a metropolitan area, I kinda knew that the flat button was a bit more generic...but I did hope that MAYBE it had some battle connection
So, no big surprises here. Mainly wanted to thank you and the other poster for the i.d. & info.







