What's new

For those who have found a Brown Bess trigger guard...

romeo-1

Gold Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2005
Messages
9,863
Reaction score
7,127
Golden Thread
3
Location
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently found this and posted it on the Today's Finds forum. I have found bits and pieces before but this is the first that I have found in near complete condition and with a stamped mark on the underside. For those of you who have also found this period of trigger guards does yours have a mark? I've done some internet research and thought I had a good idea as to what the mark means but now I am not so sure. Anyone have any idea? I've got my feelers out there but figured I would challenge the best! :icon_thumright:
 

Attachments

  • 04_December_2010_007.webp
    04_December_2010_007.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 312
  • 04_December_2010_009.webp
    04_December_2010_009.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 431
  • 04_December_2010_007.webp
    04_December_2010_007.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 269
  • 04_December_2010_009.webp
    04_December_2010_009.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 329
OK...I hate answering my own What is It posts but I think I have the answer. A possibility is Martin Brander who had Ordnance Contracts beween 1793 and 1809. His contracts were for rough stocking, setting up, and also for complete arms. Later became the well known partnership of Brander and Potts.

Thanks to Bill Curtis for the ID!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom