What's new

For you moonshine or whiskey experts on here

oldbattleaxe

Sr. Member
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
449
Reaction score
340
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Technetics
I found this in an attic. I do not know what it is but just a guess? There is a part missing on the mount board. What is it and how does it work? Now I do know there are some knowledgeable folks on here.
 

Attachments

  • DSC09577.webp
    DSC09577.webp
    230.5 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC09578.webp
    DSC09578.webp
    284.1 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC09579.webp
    DSC09579.webp
    248.6 KB · Views: 111
...:occasion14: >>
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks more like a carbide & water chamber to generate acetylene gas for soldering or welding.

113.jpg
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks more like a carbide & water chamber to generate acetylene gas for soldering or welding.

That said, I've had some West Virginia moonshine that I believe could generate acetylene gas for soldering or welding... :laughing7:
 
Upvote 0
Reminds me of a hand operated air compressor.
 
Upvote 0
In the garage is an old keg of 36% bourbon. I took a whiff of it and it was very strong. They want to get rid of that keg too.
 
Upvote 0
I,ll second CharlieP,not like any still I ever saw.It,s really cool.
 
Upvote 0
I think Charlie has it. Late 1800, early 1900 acetylene generators were used to light houses and to even run stationary engines. The trend didn't last very long!!
 
Upvote 0
Moonshine will sure light your head up!Experience talking,knew an old guy who made it for himself but didn,t like to drink alone,so he was generous with it.He played the harmonica,not real well but after a few drinks of that stuff who cared!
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It looks like Charlie P has it.
 
Upvote 0
Solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom