grlangfitt
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Mar 29, 2013
- Messages
- 52
- Reaction score
- 21
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Powhatan, Va
- Detector(s) used
- BH 505
AT Pro
Pro PinPointer
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Well, It all started when I ended a hunt two weeks ago. As I was gettin into the truck to head home, I went to take my glasses off to clean them. Wholly Crap, no glasses.
Now how in the world did I get through the day without my glasses I have no idea. I can see pretty good a ways off but really need them to read and see close up. I called the wife to tell her the bad news and to locate my old glasses. Needless to say she was none to happy with me. She tells me that my $600 detector better find them because no detector is worth $1200 as my glasses cost me $600. So, tomorrow, in the 95 degree heat, I have been ordered to head out into the tall weeds, briars, and trees to look for my glasses.
I think I will hunt the creek in the area that I was in as it is next to a very large civil war battlefield. Maybe I'll get lucky and find some relics in it, plus, my glasses may be close to where I jumped this creek and lost my balance.
Oh thank you honey for ordering me back out for another hunt...
Now how in the world did I get through the day without my glasses I have no idea. I can see pretty good a ways off but really need them to read and see close up. I called the wife to tell her the bad news and to locate my old glasses. Needless to say she was none to happy with me. She tells me that my $600 detector better find them because no detector is worth $1200 as my glasses cost me $600. So, tomorrow, in the 95 degree heat, I have been ordered to head out into the tall weeds, briars, and trees to look for my glasses.Oh thank you honey for ordering me back out for another hunt...

SO i start digging with a bit more enthusiasim. I keep following the links, cutting small roots and tunneling under large roots and come to anothr large 3 inch ring. I start scratching my head thinking this is crazy. What could this lead to? After a quick drink of water , I start digging again until it finally popped out with nothing but another chain link. CRAP...dug for almost an hour for this? 24 inches of chain with 2 three inch rings? Well as alway, I put the pin pointer down the hole and it goes off. I hand clean the hole and find another link to the chain that I can't budge. My heart starts beating again. In goes the shovel and I get back to work. I am following this chain and it seems to leading me towards the base of this huge oak tree. Could this be to a strong box full of gold and siver buried by the confederates during the seige of Petersburg






