Midnightrider08
Full Member
- Joined
- Mar 9, 2008
- Messages
- 113
- Reaction score
- 1
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Northern Vt Border
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett Ace 250 & Bounty Hunter Quick Silver
- #1
Thread Owner
This place is going into forclosure in a week and a half and was wondering who would be the proper person to ask to detect it or will I need permission once it is forclosed on ? The current owner is a very unapproachable individual with serious business issues .
Here's a little info on the place :
http://www.vermonter.com/hauntedinnsHighgatemanor.asp
and here's the only photo online I found , but it doesn't give the ground any justice at all :
http://www.trails.com/rentals/propertyna.asp?vacation=04857_North+Troy_Vermont
Only about a 15-20 min drive from me and I been eyeballing it for a couple weeks. I've got to detect this place is all I know. I plan to hit the big park across the street soon but imagine it has been done in yrs past forsure.
The former owners actually own a house up the rd that they are redoing that's also old . The hard thing about around here is ... Almost every other place is old . Any suggestions how to get on the grounds or a good introduction line?
I thought about asking and saying a family memeber lost a ring here yrs ago ... but hate to be dishonest but that's my only option I can think of so far.
I'm pretty sure a flat out asking of current owner would get me a "No way" so I'll wait till forclosure and then ...??
Here's a little info on the place :
http://www.vermonter.com/hauntedinnsHighgatemanor.asp
and here's the only photo online I found , but it doesn't give the ground any justice at all :
http://www.trails.com/rentals/propertyna.asp?vacation=04857_North+Troy_Vermont
Only about a 15-20 min drive from me and I been eyeballing it for a couple weeks. I've got to detect this place is all I know. I plan to hit the big park across the street soon but imagine it has been done in yrs past forsure.
The former owners actually own a house up the rd that they are redoing that's also old . The hard thing about around here is ... Almost every other place is old . Any suggestions how to get on the grounds or a good introduction line?
I thought about asking and saying a family memeber lost a ring here yrs ago ... but hate to be dishonest but that's my only option I can think of so far.
I'm pretty sure a flat out asking of current owner would get me a "No way" so I'll wait till forclosure and then ...??
My area, the central coast section of CA (south of San Jose), has an extremely high foreclosure rate. Just 2 or 3 years ago, houses that sold for $500K, now sell for $400K or less
Pity the poor fellow who "bought at the peak" (they assumed there was simply no way that real estate EVER goes down
). The news reported that just in my town, there are over 800 homes/properties that are now bank-owned foreclosures. I was thinking "certainly some of them must be older home lawns" 






