100acre
Full Member
- Joined
- Aug 10, 2016
- Messages
- 234
- Reaction score
- 437
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Asheville NC
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
My friend Ditchdoctor and I went MDing at another mid 1800's Mill and early Inn site along the river today. I'll have to go back with my camera and take some pix of the remaining structures. There is also a directional dam which guided the river flow towards the Mill that we didn't get to search yet but, we will return soon enough to check that and a early man made wall's edge along the opposite bank. At the beginning of our search we came upon some older car parts strewn in the river and I found part of a Brazer for a fireplace which was made of heavy cast iron. Sadly though I broke off one of the legs attempting to remove its concreted rust and rocks. There was a fair amount of trash and litter at the site due to people dumping and possible transients. There are also a couple of homes nearby which lead me to theorize that much if any ceramics were picked clean prior to our search. There were a number of low iron signals and quite a few beeps in the high 60-70's which of course turned out to be mostly pull tabs and the rotted off tops of aluminum cans. I got a few 80-90's signals and did find a modern penny which I then lost.
I did manage to find my 1st ever lead sinker-woo hoo! Another golf ball-of course-lol. Some copper tubing. The Ford emblem and hexagonal top/flared round bottom piece out of the same hole. Plus I did find a couple of old NEHI bottles. One was broken but still had the name on it, including that it was made in Asheville. Lastly I found this really cool mini Biltmore Dairy milk bottle. The larger Biltmore Dairy bottle I found some time ago but, I wanted to use it as a size comparison.
https://www.ourstate.com/biltmore-dairy/
I did manage to find my 1st ever lead sinker-woo hoo! Another golf ball-of course-lol. Some copper tubing. The Ford emblem and hexagonal top/flared round bottom piece out of the same hole. Plus I did find a couple of old NEHI bottles. One was broken but still had the name on it, including that it was made in Asheville. Lastly I found this really cool mini Biltmore Dairy milk bottle. The larger Biltmore Dairy bottle I found some time ago but, I wanted to use it as a size comparison.
https://www.ourstate.com/biltmore-dairy/
Attachments
Last edited:
Upvote
14







