What's new

FORD & Key Experts... (solved)

chukers

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
1,824
Reaction score
147
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FORD & Key Experts... (solved)

ok what year is this and what does it go to?


Chukers
 

Attachments

  • Ford Key 1.webp
    Ford Key 1.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 393
  • Ford Key 2.webp
    Ford Key 2.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 391
Re: FORD & Key Experts...

I would guess 60's but I don't recall seeing
ford keys with the triangle hole and that
shape. What it goes to I have no guess ???
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Re: FORD & Key Experts...

Many of the ones that are cut can be recut depending on the needs of the current lock. A good clear pic on an auction will help it sell. Many locksmiths buy these for collectors, some can actually fix the lock to match the key.
 
Upvote 0
Re: FORD & Key Experts...

Definitely 1950-1952 era Ford key. :thumbsup:
I owned one with a key like that (but very worn), several...... Heck, a long time ago! LOL!!

Regards, SkyPilot
 
Upvote 0
Re: FORD & Key Experts...

I think you guys have it solved.. the emblem on the back kind of matches the one below... its off a 1951 Ford Truck

Thank you everyone!

Chukers
 

Attachments

  • 51.ford.emblem.webp
    51.ford.emblem.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 264
Upvote 0
Re: FORD & Key Experts...

chukers said:
I think you guys have it solved.. the emblem on the back kind of matches the one below... its off a 1951 Ford Truck

Thank you everyone!

Chukers

Here is some further info on your key. Sorry, but you marked it as solved before I could reply. This is an 1127 series key and was used by Ford from 1952 up through 1966. The 1125 series was used from 1940-1951.The series ran 1127, 1127D (primary), 1127DP, 1127ES (Secondary), 1127TB (Thunderbird 1965-1970), 1127FR (Fairlane 1962-1966), 1127FL (Falcon 1959-1966), 1127MU (Mustang 1965-1966). Your key could also be an 1127K. I can not see the profile good enough to see what the difference could be. Without further info, the exact date may be difficult to pin down but it will fall between 1952-1966. Hope I have been of further help to you. HH

Dicks Lock Service
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom