What's new

Forecasters say Saturday storms life threatening

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,802
Reaction score
76,230
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forecasters say Saturday storms 'life threatening'

hosted2.ap.org.webp

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — In an unusually early and strong warning, national weather forecasters cautioned Friday that conditions are ripe for violent tornadoes to rip through the nation from Texas to Minnesota this weekend.
As states across the middle of the country prepared for the worst, storms were already kicking off in Norman, Okla., where a twister whizzed by the nation's tornado forecasting headquarters but caused little damage.

Republican Herald | News | republicanherald.com
 
Jeff of Pa,
heading our way, Illinois.

We, in Illinois, may luck out, just get the rim of the bad stuff.
2 - 3 days of strange weather.
Everyone stay safe.... :angel3:

have a good un.........
SHERMANVILLE
 
Our daughter and her family live in the mist of "tornado alley" Kansas. Even when there are no tornadoes they have to fasten down all lawn furniture, grills, etc., to keep them from ending up a quarter mile from the house due to a sudden storm. Where they live the rain often comes down at about a 30 degree angle.

They made a video from inside their house during a hard rain storm. The windows looked like what I would imagine the porthole windows on the Titanic looked like when she went down.
 
I hope ya'll are still standing :occasion14:
 
My Daughter and Son-in-Law are at Fort Riley. They dodged a bullet yesterday.
 
tornado-01_21182_600x450.webpnssl0068.webpimages-1.webppic11b.webpYou gotta just love Oklahoma in the spring
 
My son was driving through Oklahoma the other day during those storms in route to moving to New Mexico....he was like, "Dad, I can't get out of this state fast enough. So many warnings I feel like I'm being stalked!"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom