jrwill56
Sr. Member
- Joined
- Nov 1, 2008
- Messages
- 422
- Reaction score
- 194
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Chowan Co.
- Detector(s) used
- Bounty Hunter Pioneer 2000
White mark 11
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
site is a 1700's homesite, there are lots of old bricks,larger than todays.jrwill56 said:found this 4 1/4 " nail today , I cannot decide if it is forged or cut,the head was pounded flat,or butterflied.
would like to see the ones you have, thanks everybody for your help. JR cool sitewoody50 said:Hi Jr, this a forged hand made nail. They have been made since the Roman time (2000 years ago) and maybe even earlier. I have found many around Roman forts and villa's high on the mountains of Serbia, where no one has lived or farmed since the Roman time. This is just the way they made them. Romans had also some round nails also, I guess made from a rod or something like that. If you want to see some of those that I found I can post a few here. Let me know.
jrwill56 said:would like to see the ones you have, thanks everybody for your help. JR cool sitewoody50 said:Hi Jr, this a forged hand made nail. They have been made since the Roman time (2000 years ago) and maybe even earlier. I have found many around Roman forts and villa's high on the mountains of Serbia, where no one has lived or farmed since the Roman time. This is just the way they made them. Romans had also some round nails also, I guess made from a rod or something like that. If you want to see some of those that I found I can post a few here. Let me know.
woody50 said:great find:JRjrwill56 said:would like to see the ones you have, thanks everybody for your help. JR cool sitewoody50 said:Hi Jr, this a forged hand made nail. They have been made since the Roman time (2000 years ago) and maybe even earlier. I have found many around Roman forts and villa's high on the mountains of Serbia, where no one has lived or farmed since the Roman time. This is just the way they made them. Romans had also some round nails also, I guess made from a rod or something like that. If you want to see some of those that I found I can post a few here. Let me know.
OK, made a post in My Best Finds, guess that is the best place, then can everyone see some of them....
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,209898.0.html