fistfulladirt said:
That's too bad, lotta dimes, little return....wonder if it depends on the area? My average still remains at 1/$140 searched (88 keepers), halves 1/$167 searched. Wonder if more people are searching dimes since everyone is after halves....today, $60 in hand rolled halves gave me zilch, tellers told me up front they had already checked 'em....$300 in hand rolled dimes gave 3 keepers. ffd
If I had listened to tellers this year telling me they had already been looked through I would be minus about 150 silvers this year. Unless its the vault teller saying they have all been searched I never listen. You never know when another teller puts 3 or 4 rolls from another customer on top of 700$ worth of dumps the first teller knows about.
Jd,
I've watched tellers break down rolls of dimes and quarters plenty of times. They don't have the time or interest to check these coins.Especially dimes which can easily be missed.
One keeper out of 8 boxes is a bit unusual. If you got them all at the same bank,I'd go elsewhere.
I haven't done any dime boxes this year but when I do I never order them,just pick them up randomly from different banks. Like Half dollar boxes, some banks have better boxes then others.
I usually get 1-4 keepers per box. Sometimes I'll get a skunk box,and sometimes I'll get more than 4.
Some people don't bother with dimes as the amount of silver recovered is small. I would never do dimes exclusively but over the course of last year I got nearly 30oz in dimes. Those little coins add up over a years time.
Keep getting them between halves.
HH
Rich