What's new

Forgotten Gems

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2019
Messages
7,917
Reaction score
25,121
Golden Thread
0
Location
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes, when researching stuff, a forgotten gem crops up in the historical records. Here’s one I found recently. Ladies & gentlemen, I give you the J.E. Thoroughgood Jr “aerial life saving device”, patented 13th August 1918.

Thoroughgood.webp

I shall be constructing one of these and giving it a whirl from the top of the London Eye, if I can find someone to hold my beer. What could possibly go wrong? I’m greatly reassured that, since 1918, there has been no recorded instance of any user writing a letter of complaint or dissatisfaction regarding deployment of said device.
 
Sometimes, when researching stuff, a forgotten gem crops up in the historical records. Here’s one I found recently. Ladies & gentlemen, I give you the J.E. Thoroughgood Jr “aerial life saving device”, patented 13th August 1918.

View attachment 2005328

I shall be constructing one of these and giving it a whirl from the top of the London Eye, if I can find someone to hold my beer. What could possibly go wrong? I’m greatly reassured that, since 1918, there has been no recorded instance of any user writing a letter of complaint or dissatisfaction regarding deployment of said device.
Nice Red-Coat.
 
Sometimes, when researching stuff, a forgotten gem crops up in the historical records. Here’s one I found recently. Ladies & gentlemen, I give you the J.E. Thoroughgood Jr “aerial life saving device”, patented 13th August 1918.

View attachment 2005328

I shall be constructing one of these and giving it a whirl from the top of the London Eye, if I can find someone to hold my beer. What could possibly go wrong? I’m greatly reassured that, since 1918, there has been no recorded instance of any user writing a letter of complaint or dissatisfaction regarding deployment of said device.
That pat. Was 8 days before my father was born.
It would of made a cool baby gift.
 
Sometimes, when researching stuff, a forgotten gem crops up in the historical records. Here’s one I found recently. Ladies & gentlemen, I give you the J.E. Thoroughgood Jr “aerial life saving device”, patented 13th August 1918.

View attachment 2005328

I shall be constructing one of these and giving it a whirl from the top of the London Eye, if I can find someone to hold my beer. What could possibly go wrong? I’m greatly reassured that, since 1918, there has been no recorded instance of any user writing a letter of complaint or dissatisfaction regarding deployment of said device.
I think that is where MC Hammer got the idea for his wardrobe.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom