000aaa.jpg

Last edited:

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting this. My family has a cabin in Waupaca. Ill have to look into detecting there next year.

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jeff of PA,

A really big thanks for posting. Your post got me to thinking about possible stage coach posts and routes in my area and after a short search I found a large amount of information on the net. Dropping into this rabbit hole also led me to discover a site with a map and descriptions of long destroyed mills in my local area from the early to mid 1800s - looks like I will be doing some door knocking next spring to get on some new sites. Also, folks might want to check out an app called onX Hunt. The app provides maps of your area with property boundary lines as well as the names and addresses of who owns the property. I originally used the app to track down owners of property I wanted to fish or hunt on but have expanded my use to find the owners of fields I was looking to detect. Unfortunately there is a fee of $19.99 a year to use for each state map or $99 for maps of all of the states. They do run discount promotions on occasion so folks may find a cheaper solution. Sorry about the rambling and thank you again for your post. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Last edited:

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turns out to be a 15 minute drive from our cabin.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was in the area this weekend. Beautiful property. Unfortunately the inn is a private residence now. I asked the owner for permission and was denied. He said his relitives detect there. Oh well maybe I'll ask again sometime.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread