Forming a club with TimC

Jonathan James

Jul 19, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, White's Spectrum XLT, White's Quantum2, White's Eagle2, White's Surf PI, White's 4900, White's 5900 Di/Pro SL, White's Classic ID, White's Coinmaster 1, Garrett AT Pro, Tesor
I myself am interested but have some ideas on the venture. First of all, I would like to ask anyone that is interested in showing some interest in forming a club to post their opinions on this thread.

1. Who is up for a monthly meeting?
2. Should we have a membership fee?
3. Should we entertain just anyone into the club?
4. Who should represent the club as a whole?

Just a few questions that I have, feel free to add yours.

OP
OP
Jonathan James

Jonathan James

Jul 19, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, White's Spectrum XLT, White's Quantum2, White's Eagle2, White's Surf PI, White's 4900, White's 5900 Di/Pro SL, White's Classic ID, White's Coinmaster 1, Garrett AT Pro, Tesor
I will start by answering my own questions and please follow my leed.

1. I may not be available to always attend a monthly meeting. I don't think that a monthly meeting will be 100% fair for everyone. I would rather devote my precious time to detecing anyway. I say we plan a monthly hunt, and everyone that can attend, attend. And any issues or questions can be addressed there. We have phone,email,etc... there should be no problem communicating.

2. I don't think that collecting a membership fee would be necessary. Why would it?

3. ???

4. I think a few people should hold the responsibility of planning hunts and communicating with the other members.

I am anxious to hear everyones opinions.

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forming a club with TimC., Hmmm...

Hey guys I'm just trying to get some interest going. I do think there should be a small membership fee and a monthly or bi monthly meeting and should admit anyone ( and their spouses) the least bit interested in any type of Treasure Hunting. The person to represent the club if she chooses to join should be Nana40 or DiggerBug, there both relic legends here on the board and of course women, whose in my experience seems to be the better organizers. But all this can and should be decided when the official meeting begins when we pick officers this is why I (and of couple of of us) needs to go to a couple of meeting at different clubs around Alabama or South Tennessee. Remember we will all be representatives of this venture

chefrider

Feb 11, 2007
N ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
A T PRO
1. A monthly meeting would be doable to most, or even a bi-monthly.
2. A membership fee would be workable to me, or even a yearly. But what for?
3. Don't see any reason to exclude anyone at first.
4. To represent the club...hmmmm. Not quite sure how to work that.

Enlighten ......George

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimC (North Alabama) said:
Forming a club with TimC., Hmmm...

Hey guys I'm just trying to get some interest going. I do think there should be a small membership fee and a monthly or bi monthly meeting and should admit anyone ( and their spouses) the least bit interested in any type of Treasure Hunting. The person to represent the club if she chooses to join should be Nana40 or DiggerBug, there both relic legends here on the board and of course women, whose in my experience seems to be the better organizers. But all this can and should be decided when the official meeting begins when we pick officers this is why I (and of couple of of us) needs to go to a couple of meeting at different clubs around Alabama or South Tennessee. Remember we will all be representatives of this venture
Ahhh, no! I'll speak for myself and let Lisa do the same if she sees this, but I'm just a gal that loves to hunt. I know nothing about organizing a club. And yes, should there be one, you know I'd be there and help in any way I can. :icon_thumright:
I love the idea of meeting at least once a month. Just to chat with others about detecting is exciting to me....being that no one here has the inclination to listen. :P :D
I don't know what a fee would be for, but am able if it's needed. :icon_thumright:
I think if we all put in the effort this could prove to be a lot of fun. Not to mention the history we could all learn from the different areas we may have the opportunity visit. Just let me know. I'm in. :icon_pirat:

Just Nana :wink:

OP
OP
Jonathan James

Jonathan James

Jul 19, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nana that's what i've tried to stress is the need for just time foe everyone to meet up and hunt. There's no need for it to be a political affair. I see no need for a membership fee, like I posted above why would a fee be needed?

I see this as an opportunity to harbor anyone in the area a place to meet up and share stories monthly or bi monthly and to participate in group hunts. Having an organized and informed group would make gaining permission to hunt sites more appealing to landowners in my opinion. We could get some business cards printed up and there ya go.

I see that the rules would be just the common code of detecting ethics.

TimC and myself had discussed a planned hunt for the 13th and I think that everyone that wants to participate in that hunt, join us. And we can discuss the forming of this venture and hash out any ideas or listen to any opinions then.

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll definitely go along with what everyone else want to do, like Nana says we're just gals and guys who like to hunt and if no one want a "real" club, that's great, just means less work and I'm all for that. Like Jonathan says we can all discuss it at the hunt on the 13th, I'm easy. As for as fees goes, some do that wants to collect for prizes and such, some don't, I'm easy on that too, I just want to fellowship and hunt. The only possible thing a "real" club might do for us, that is one on the books and listed online under clubs is like Jonathan says it may get us in the door to get hunts easier that otherwise they may as no.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread