Forrest Fenn s treasure

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I meant is the competition could be dangerous, not really the location. If I don't find it I hope you do, or someone does because frankly I'm getting tired of hearing about it. I always said if I found it, I'd send his bracelet back to him that he wished he didn't put in there and that would be prof that it was found so it could end without going public.

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with that. I would send the bracelet back too. Would only tell fenn and nobody else. Do you believe that you're the person that he was referring to when he said he believes it will be found this summer?

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, if you have "inside knowledge" about a location that was passed down that you believe to be correct, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a distraction. How many other people have this "insider knowledge"?

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
A couple Sovereign's, Excalibur II, Eureka Gold, Falcon MD20, TM808, Sierra Madre, 5900 DIProsl, Garrett ADS III with Bloodhound, Fisher 1280x, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with that. I would send the bracelet back too. Would only tell fenn and nobody else. Do you believe that you're the person that he was referring to when he said he believes it will be found this summer?
No but possibly whom I got the info from. I know nothing of what Fenn has been saying because I haven't been paying attention.

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, if you have "inside knowledge" about a location that was passed down that you believe to be correct, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a distraction. How many other people have this "insider knowledge"?

What I got is no distraction, it's straight from someone that I personally know but yes there is one other person that has most of this info. That's why I got it, because my person was threatened by another whom they were working with so it got handed over to me. There is reason to believe that person may have been Fenn himself. My "person" couldn't have went to retrieve it anyway. That's all I'm saying about this, I've never actively researched or looked for this, never been on a Fenn forum or chat room, and never spoke with the man, I guess I did buy the book. I don't get caught up in drama and I don't take threats kindly. I call myself a treasure hunter but I prefer to do it as low key as possible and although I'm somewhat happy to have been given the info that I have, correct or not, I'm working on other projects that trump this one, and with those, I have no competition at the moment.

I wasn't trying to start anything, just letting people know that if they have a location in mind that they should go look because time could be running out. Or not.

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I don't think you were starting anything at all. So do you think it's all a scam? You mention Fenn could have been behind the shenanigans that you mention. Do you think there's a deliberate attempt to protect the treasure, or that it doesn't even exist. You're more than welcome to PM me as well if you want to chat. I don't want your "solve", just want to talk about thoughts and possibilities of the whole thing.

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admit that I'm no expert in this but I don't think it's a scam at all. I do think it is a game for Fenn and I'm not really sure he wants it to end yet. I don't think he's the nice old man that he wants people to think he is and that is the part that I like about him. He reminds me of my Grandpa in many ways, similar line of work also. I do think he poses as someone he is not on some of those chat rooms or forums and I also highly doubt that he is working alone. I'm not a conspiracy theorist on things but I would have a very hard time believing that he just went and hid a box, left, and waits until it's found without getting involved in one way or another. I don't have many thoughts or theories on this yet and other than dropping in to the supposed location just to check it out for myself, I don't know that I want to dig to deep into the poem itself and follow the steps. If I haven't by now I probably wont.

treasuresalvor

Mar 14, 2011
Earth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus there are probably 10000 people reading everything written here, one of those is no doubt him. :hello:

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, I thought about that as well. He's got to be monitoring all of the various treasure forums haha

Clovis42

Feb 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It most certainly is not a hoax. There are so many artifacts in the west it's no wonder he was able to accumulate such an amazing collection. The clues are in Douglas Preston's the codex. He has a character based on Fenn that talks about a cave the character hides all sorts of things for his family to find after his death. Douglas Preston has to be a big clue to solving all of this because he wrote the forward to Fenn's most recent book. He also has written a book called Cities of Gold and one called Relic that I think are clues. You'd be surprised at what is left virtually undisturbed in the west if you step off the trails. But be careful. It isn't in a dangerous place. He wants someone to find it and he said it's in a beautiful place and the whole west is beautiful so it could be anywhere in the search area. If you read Osborne Russell's book he also talks about caves so maybe Forrest found one. Gosh, I can only imagine what kind of stuff is hidden there. The codex describes all sorts of amazing things stashed there. The weather should be nice soon. Can't wait to get back to searching.

Clovis42

Feb 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys might enjoy the ditch creek walker videos on YouTube. Those guys walk creeks all over and fine amazing artifacts in the creeks. You can do that anywhere, just walk the creeks looking for arrowheads laying there. In the west, there is so much open land to walk you can find all kinds of stuff laying around if you look in the places nobody else goes to. Just walk the creeks. I've found fire rings made by natives in the woods, wikiups, and points all over the place. I can't mention where but I promise there is still stuff left to find. Some you have to dig for and others are just lying on the ground. Even if you don't find the treasure there is all kinds of stuff you can find.

Just_curious

Aug 27, 2017
Georgia/Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab GM1000
White's GMZ
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All these hints supposedly in all these books, etc. Then why does fenn say all you need is the poem, Google earth, and a good map, along with a little resolve, imagination, and a 6 pack of beer to celebrate with when you find it. But he swears up and down that all is needed is the poem. The book has subtle hints to solve the clues in the poem, but not to find the treasure. I don't think it's a hoax either but many do. Some people say he already retrieved it as well and is just keeping the chase going

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A website he is known to interact (overtly) regularly is the Mysterious Writings site. He is friends with the site admin. I won a contest a few months ago there and got an autographed Fenn book (his latest; a collection of color photos and essays). From all the interviews posted on that site and others I've read, I really do not get the impression he is skulking around on treasure websites in his spare time. He says he gets a hundred emails or more a day about the hunt. I can't imagine him playing games in public forum posts here or elsewhere when his email Inbox and post mailbox are already bursting full with private correspondence. Not to mention he has an art gallery business he attends to as well.

I have often wondered about how he knows if the treasure has been found or not (beyond the obvious "Eureka ! I found it" phone call). He's said in years past he would know within a day once the chest was recovered. I suspect he put a radio device or beacon that signals once it is in range of a cell tower, perhaps. It must have a power switch that is triggered on once the chest is disturbed or opened, otherwise the battery would be long dead by now. The only other way he would know is by physically checking and he wouldn't risk that (though he might have an associate do it).

Last edited:

Clovis42

Feb 27, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All these hints supposedly in all these books, etc. Then why does fenn say all you need is the poem, Google earth, and a good map, along with a little resolve, imagination, and a 6 pack of beer to celebrate with when you find it. But he swears up and down that all is needed is the poem. The book has subtle hints to solve the clues in the poem, but not to find the treasure. I don't think it's a hoax either but many do. Some people say he already retrieved it as well and is just keeping the chase going

Most of the pictures and stories are about friends and family so maybe that is what he is saying it is about and it's just something he did for them and was meant to document his family history and bring his family together. There is a Fenn Treasure book online that is titled a treasure worth more than gold and in it the guy talks about spending time with his family searching for the Fenn treasure. There is a Netflix show called F is for Family and maybe that is what it's about. Family, friends, and being kind to people with the charity.

Last edited:

nathan104

Feb 23, 2006
Emory TX
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, AT Pro, propointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive really gotten into this in the last few weeks. Have spent lots of hours on google earth and read a lot of history on the Rocky Mountains. Its suprising how many different places match up with the poem. Its seems every place that could be considered warm waters halting are almost ALL followed by a canyon and a home of Brown, lol. Ive only been working off the poem as the books haven't been shipped yet but I did order the first two books. IVe been watching and listening to all the Fenn interviews I can find as well. Its been enjoyable though. I've got quite a collection of possible locations. I'm planning on making a trip for a few days this fall. Not sure where I'm going yet, but want to have multiple spots to check wherever I go. Then maybe make trips to the other potential spots over the next few years.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One location that fits well is at the mouth of the creek that empties into the Rio right across from the park that is way up on the hill/canyon. This is down the creek form the place they raise brown trout.

Dec 23, 2017
NY
Detector(s) used
NONE
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone fancied the notion that "where warm waters halt" may be where YOU are halted by warm water? something like a dead end at a hot spring? It's not specific enough to confidently say it's the waters that are halted but the water halts something else? It is this most important of clues that may be taken out of context by everyone. Ive been scorned in other Fenn groups by this remark because it throws off 95% of searchers hypothesis.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, instead of warm waters are halted.

Last edited:

burlbark

Mar 5, 2011
Well I have lost my Thrill of the chase book somewhere..... I just started looking at this again. Sublette is an old railroad stop that used to have a water tower. There is a small camping area just to the north of it with fire rings. If you head up the tracks you will see that there is a gravel pit where they take on heavy loads of track base material. There are numerous springs in the area with little secluded Forrest plots. You can even see the trails and some white outcroppings from google earth. Still havent figured out how Brown fits into this....

Holyground

May 17, 2014
Not in the can
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's out there, I think in Yellow Stone because one clue is "Home of Brown." Yellowstone is one of the first, if not the first places they planed German Brown Trout. A lot of people are skirting bears in Yellowstone trying to find it. One guy died there a while back looking. I'm going to pass on this one. I have to clip my toenails and take the trash out. Busy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread