Forrest Fenn s treasure

NewXHunter

Jul 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You want my contribution? Fine:

"Warm waters" represents the Firehole River itself, which ends ("halts") when it merges with the Gibbon River at Madison Junction in YNP.

"Canyon down" refers to Firehole Canyon and "too far to walk" is a hint that you should drive. Coincidentally, Firehole Canyon Drive Runs along the Firehole River through this canyon.

"No need to dig up the old outhouses" apparently refers to the two old outhouses near the end of Firehole Canyon Drive.

"Home of Brown:" Above Firehole Canyon is a bear management area, which is home to a large number of Grizzly (I.e., Brown) bears.

"From there it's no place for the meek" -- wasn't too difficult to figure out where this area is.

More to follow.....

Interesting. Since clues are suppose to lead searchers to the right area and not deceive them, Forrest's clue about "the (specific) outhouses" is a reference to those Firehole Canyon outhouses OR Forrest is blatantly misleading us and giving us FALSE leads and FLASE hope that we are on the right trail. The outhouses are right by the Firehole swimming area and Forrest would know them well. Since searching the Firehole Canyon would be logical, Forrest had to know people would see those specific outhouses and believe they were on the right trail. I am convinced that either the treasure is in Yellowstone OR Forrest has purposely deceived everyone in order to gain publicity for the hunt in order to create a lasting legend.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Various Seismic generators and magnetic anomoly detector equipment (MADs).
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Read his later posts (after this warning) and see how well he heeded your admonition. Apparently you removed another poster for doing nothing but defending himself against insults and attacks. Care to explain? (or perhaps your god-like powers on this site allow such acts of injustice w/o reprisals or explanation.)

How many profiles does this guy have? Can we stick to talking about clues please? This is exactly the kind of jabbing I was referring to in my post addressing the moderators. I certainly am not the only one who viewed the timed out poster as obscene and just plain
discourteous. Something about you, (and I see you have a shiney new profile), sounds familiar though. I can't quite make it out though. In any case, welcome to the forum

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Moderator moderator! This new member profile is obviously Puzzlesolver who was timed out. He is using VERBATIM the same arguments and criticisms. , directed at the same exact people. Is there anyways to check to see if these carbon copy profiles are connected. This is getting just plain rediculous.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read his later posts (after this warning) and see how well he heeded your admonition. Apparently you removed another poster for doing nothing but defending himself against insults and attacks. Care to explain? (or perhaps your god-like powers on this site allow such acts of injustice w/o reprisals or explanation.)

NewxHunter, when you say he, you mean you. You were warned not to insult or attack by Jeff and you went right behind that warning and insulted members intelligence.

You were on 2 week timeout, you register under new name and try to justify your insults as puzzle solver.

You can not register as a new member and return while on ban, 2 weeks just became a month, it will double each time....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dugit

Sep 1, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XLT / E
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wise old owl
Sat in an oak.
The more he saw,
The less he spoke.
The less he spoke,
The more he heard.
Why can't we be like
That wise old bird?

I think it's nessary to listen once in the area of the blaze. maybe you will hear an underground spring or something.
Please, no attacks, this is just an idea.

Dugit

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
LOL TH Check his IP out :laughing7: & the date he signed up :laughing7:

Sorry Puzzlesolver , But I'll let it to TH if he wishes to look the otherway
Good afternoon Jeff. I have been trying to be patient, especially considering he went right after me. With this New profile. What I need to really cry foul about though is how he removed the quotation marks in an earlier insult he made to me, in an effort to create slander AMD liable. As far as I thought, isn't this sort of misrepresentation both a crime and against the forum rules? Obviously we have all the old posts to show I did not make the comments this (New member?) made reference to.
Thank you for listening. I will try my best to ignore him.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Dugit, I can't seem to find my "like" icon, so I'll just say it. I like the poem and idea. Where'd ya find the poem?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good afternoon Jeff. I have been trying to be patient, especially considering he went right after me. With this New profile. What I need to really cry foul about though is how he removed the quotation marks in an earlier insult he made to me, in an effort to create slander AMD liable. As far as I thought, isn't this sort of misrepresentation both a crime and against the forum rules? Obviously we have all the old posts to show I did not make the comments this (New member?) made reference to.
Thank you for listening. I will try my best to ignore him.

Posts removed, newxhunter name is banned and temp ban was doubled on PS for using new name to try to by pass the temp ban...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My information and experience tell me that the "blaze" cannot be a mark on a tree. Forrest has said that "no one" can possibly stumble upon the treasure, but he also expects the chest to be discoverable thousands of years from now. Which means all the landmarks are permanent or would be replaced if lost or damaged. Trees fall, get knocked over or cut down, or burn down. A huge boulder deeply embedded into the earth might qualify but I have found no clues or hints in the book to suggest the blaze is a stone. I haven't found ANY clues or hints in the book that suggest what the blaze might be.

But ask yourself...does stumble mean "trip over" or "come across randomly" in the poem?

dugit

Sep 1, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XLT / E
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dugit, I can't seem to find my "like" icon, so I'll just say it. I like the poem and idea. Where'd ya find the poem?

Mrs. Bell, my school teacher taught me that poem in 1972. I found a copy of the poem on the internet.

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
Got to believe it means it will not be found accidentally. Think about that for a while and see what ya come up with. If F hid it in a place that a hiker,hunter,fisherman etc wouldn't,can't,won't find it accidentally says it's in a somewhat odd place that nobody would need or want,or think to go to. HMMM!

UH, could you fellas follow that mumbo jumbo? lol

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Mrs. Bell, my school teacher taught me that poem in 1972. I found a copy of the poem on the internet.

It's cool, and kinda goes along with the theorem I was taught:

"God gave you TWO ears and only one mouth, use them respectively".

Thanx

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Got to believe it means it will not be found accidentally. Think about that for a while and see what ya come up with. If F hid it in a place that a hiker,hunter,fisherman etc wouldn't,can't,won't find it accidentally says it's in a somewhat odd place that nobody would need or want,or think to go to. HMMM!

Loud and clear NV
I agree.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by nvradar

Loud and clear NV
I agree.

and FF has said think about how far an old man could walk/carry a 42# box
ive racked my brain,over and over,thinking what kind of place the box could
be that would fit and not found by accident,and yet be there undisturbed possibly a millennium

nvradar

Dec 27, 2009
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites gm4b, Minelab sd 2200d
A real dilema! and then start adding in all the other clues!!! YIKES!

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

I was.just about to nod off the sleep when something occurred to me. It is a stretch, but say someone wanted something found at a selected time in the future. Well the geologists have nailed down a particular rate that the northern dome/bulge of the caldera is rising. In fact the whole area is starting to tilt to the south. Now what if the treasure were placed so it would be hidden until the dome rose high enough to uncover it's location?

Wow. That is a stretch, and would require too much speculation. F' said it was impervious to fire, earthquake, and flood.

Maybe I shoulda went to sleep after all...lol.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Anyone who is simply looking for some interesting reading, check out the history of the Northern Pacific Railroad's progress and developement around the north entrance to Yellowstone. Plenty of shadey land deals, corruption, disaster, setbacks, swindles, and outright takeovers. There are a lot of players, some famous, some not. Check it out someday.

DaveC3119

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have posted before that I think the Warm Waters is the Firehole, and gave my thoughts on why.
Now, how far is too far to walk?

20 miles, using the same line of thought.

and take iT iN ThE canYon doWn.

He talks about riding his bike 20 miles from his family's cabin to bath/swim in the river rather than walking one mile to shower at the Union Pacific railway station.

Iwould like your opinions on this line of thought.

au-artifax

May 23, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have posted before that I think the Warm Waters is the Firehole, and gave my thoughts on why.
Now, how far is too far to walk?

20 miles, using the same line of thought.

and take iT iN ThE canYon doWn.

He talks about riding his bike 20 miles from his family's cabin to bath/swim in the river rather than walking one mile to shower at the Union Pacific railway station.

Iwould like your opinions on this line of thought.

TakE it iN ....ThE caNyon down
10 or 1010 or 10+10

My opinion is that you are trying to mold clues to fit where you think the treasure might be. I am only saying this because we all have done the same thing to a degree.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread