Forrest Fenn s treasure

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read about waterfalls . Why waterfalls ?
IMO , the "heavy loads and water high " is a lake . " There’ll be no paddle up your creek " means how is not a river . But the " big deal " is the orientation which must to have from the lake to see the " blaze " ( the sun reflection in the lake ) in the evening (" drawing nigh " ) .
If you will find this " hot " point , you will be very close to the target .

Good luck to all the seekers .

spaceman

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read about waterfalls . Why waterfalls ?
IMO , the "heavy loads and water high " is a lake . " There’ll be no paddle up your creek " means how is not a river . But the " big deal " is the orientation which must to have from the lake to see the " blaze " ( the sun reflection in the lake ) in the evening (" drawing nigh " ) .
If you will find this " hot " point , you will be very close to the target .

Good luck to all the seekers .

Markmar how would one know where to stand to see this blaze at a certain time of day? It seams that you would spend a lifetime going to every spot around every lake above 5000 feet. Unless there is something in the poem that tells you where to stand. Have you found one?

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Frankn , who is a hunter which could find the little treasure .

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Well I cant see frankn's post (and by choice), but if it is anything about where to start, Mr. Fenn has stated every time "I am not going to put an x on the map for you", or something like.

But if one has spent any serious time with the poem, they likely already know that all is not un-attainable with the first clue only.

I have all 9 clues, I just have to go get it now I guess, then.
:walk:

(of course I jest)

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually this avatar is from my newest machine the Tesoro Outlaw.

Brown might not mean a person, place or thing.

B_ _ _ _ _
r_ _ _ _ _
o_ _ _ _ _
w_ _ _ _ _
n_ _ _ _ _

how does a hunter from canada see my notebook in the usa.....LOL

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
how does a hunter from canada see my notebook in the usa.....LOL

Maybe I'm peeking over your shoulder. :laughing7:
I had this along with a lot of Forrest's email reply's using the word THINK all in capitals. He's done it to several people I have found out and it fits in the area I think it's in. But I'll never tell. :key:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some thoughts

Is to thinking someone , if it's worth to research and to spend money and time for a one year salary value . This man ( FF ) have made more money of his books and of his publicity than the value of the lure in his box . This man is smart but greedy and he invented a new method to make money .
I believe how the treasure hunters seek for this box only to enjoy their hobby .
Mr. Fenn have to stop to play with the hunters . It's enough . He have made enough money of this tale . If the tale is real , is time to put a X on a map .
Everything I wrote is only my opinion but is very close to the reality .

Good luck hunters and watch the lures .

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must say that now that Forrest has finally hid his treasure in the last few months we do have a viable treasure to chase. All those that have went and searched all spring might think about going back to your for sure spots and look again. The one thing that has stuck in my mind since the beginning of this is he always says its at or near a place that is special in his heart. When your 80 something years old and you are looking back on your life your not going to go put a treasure by a radio tower or some brown house or outhouse or a building or tower or something that will not stand the test of time. The older you get you start to look back on the times and places that you had the most fun, met your wife, etc. . YELLOWSTONE..... where else.. When he was flying fighter planes I am sure he was wishing he was back in Yellowstone fly fishing every night he went to bed.. JMHO...

deepthroat

Oct 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Answer I know

The Answer I Know

I want to make the premise that this writing is only speculation. I do not endorse or advocate in any way for treasure hunters/searchers to take this writing as fact. I do not advocate or endorse any illegal activities associated with what you may gain from this writing. In all intents and purposes this is fiction. I do not make any defamatory claims or prejudices against any person or organization in any way.
I have researched and searched for the Forrest Fenn treasure. I am writing about my research and the location I believe that the treasure is. Although I have searched for the treasure I will explain why I will not return. Keep in mind to figure out this poem you need to know about Fenn. This poem has a double meaning at times. You can take this poem to the treasure down an unlikely path that is not for the meek. I don’t claim to know every answer to every question about the poem but I have so much information that writing about it will be difficult. A few friends and I made our first trip to search for the treasure over Labor Day 2012 and have been back four times. Our last trip was made in July 2013 and since then we have all agreed that we are done searching for the treasure and focus on fun things closer to home, like the SoCal beaches.
In my opinion the search begins in the second stanza of the poem. The first stanza describes the place FF has gone alone with this treasure. You can’t determine what this location is until you have solved the poem but there are clues given such as hints of riches new and old. This is also a place for FF to keep his secret. Is the secret the treasure or something else or both? Since I have already solved the poem, the partial answer to the first stanza is Taos, NM. The more detailed answer will follow.
Begin where the warm waters halt. Begin at Manby Hot Springs which lie on the banks of the Rio Grande River around 6000 foot elevation. The hot springs were used by the ancient Pueblo people followed by the Spanish (FF is greatly interested in history). Arthur Rockford Manby made a bathhouse at the springs. Take it in the canyon down. Take the Rio Grande River down. This is called the Rio Grande Gorge (canyon). Not far but too far to walk. Put in below the home of Brown. So, you follow the Rio Grande River down the canyon/gorge until you reach the Rio Pueblo de Taos River which is a tributary of the Rio Grande River. Why do you stop at the Rio Pueblo de Taos River? This is where you put in below the home of Brown. The Taos Pueblo or Pueblo de Taos are ancient Pueblo buildings. These buildings are multi-storied residential (home) complexes of reddish-BROWN adobe. This is the home of Brown. The Rio Pueblo de Taos River runs directly through this ancient Pueblo community which has been here nearly a thousand years. (A River Runs Through it; 1992 Robert Redford movie).
Follow the Rio Pueblo de Taos River into Taos. This is not a place for the meek as you will see. Continue up the river with the end drawing nigh (near and/or left), going left as you are on the north side of the river. Not much farther to go. You can’t paddle this river/creek because it is too shallow for a boat. When you reach the heavy loads you are very close. You can’t miss the heavy loads of cement slabs lining both side of the river/creek along Upper Ranchitos Road in Taos.
Arthur Rockford Manby was murdered in Taos in 1929. His headless swollen body was found inside his mansion which is now the Taos Center for the Arts. Manby was hated and despised in Taos. He was a con-man, a swindler, killer, and part of a secret society. This namesake Manby is the man that starts the search in FF poem. Taos is full of history dating back to the Pueblo Indians, the Spanish and a colony for artists in the early 1900’s which include, in part, Arthur Manby. However, to get here takes a lot of work. You need to think again about Fenn, Manby, Pueblo, history and Taos. In my opinion, from the research I have done, you need to take the subtle hints into consideration that are published by Fenn or attributed to him. I am referencing already published material. What is it that we know about Fenn? We have his memoir TTOTC. A common theme throughout that book is death. Fenn is an accomplished writer of many books. Fenn is also a publisher of other books through the One Horse Cattle Ranch publishing company. Fenn’s new book, TFTW, has the same name of a John Hersey book. In Hersey’s book it’s all about selling your soul to the devil. Fenn’s friend Douglas Preston is also an author. Douglas wrote the Codex and lives in Santa Fe. Douglas and Fenn frequently meet up at the Collected Works book store where Forrest talks about his books. The Collected Works book store is the only brick and mortar to sell Fenn’s TTOTC and TFTW. The Codex is a book about an eccentric rich man with terminal cancer who likes to collect valuable art and treasure. Theses valuables are hidden with a cryptic message to his sons to find the treasure. Death is a theme in this book too. The main character in the Codex book is Max BroadBENT. I may have found a coincidence. There is a Wayne Bent from Clayton NM. Wayne Bent is a convicted criminal and currently incarcerated. His verdict was read in a Taos courtroom. Bent was the leader of a cult, Lord our Righteousness Church. Bent claimed to be the son of God, the antichrist, and Michael the arch angel. There is another Bent, Charles Bent, who was governor of New Mexico and killed by the Pueblo in 1847 in Santa Fe. Bent doesn’t seem to be a common name but the name Bent or a variation of the name Bent (Broadbent) can all be tied to FF by location in New Mexico, Taos and Santa Fe. If you search the primary FF treasure blogs you will find numerous references to death. If you search for the devil you can find a post that says something to the effect that the devil is in the details.
Moving on to another literature classic, since literature is important to Forrest and the first chapter of TTOTC is titled Important Literature, is David Pinner’s The Ritual, in which the movie The Wickerman is based. This book involved the ritual death of children. Again, death is a central theme in this book. A main character, Lawrence Cready, bought Squire Fenn’s debt ridden mansion. FF bought San Lauroza out of foreclosure. Cready has a witchcraft museum, collect dolls and is involved in the supernatural. FF collects dolls with human scalps. This book deals with nightmarish sacrificial rituals, ancient religious practices and psychological trickery. There are certainly a few similarities here including Fenn’s name in the book (Squire Fen).
There is also literature associated with Taos. One of the most famous authors to visit Taos in the early 1900’s was D.H. Lawrence. He came to Taos in 1922 at the invitation of Mabel Dodge, an author in her own right. D.H. Lawrence also painted while in Taos signing his work “Lorenzo”. Nine of Lawrence’s paintings are currently displayed at the La Fonda Hotel in Taos Plaza. As I mentioned, Mabel Dodge was also an author of several books. What a coincidence that FF One Horse Land and Cattle Co. is the publisher of “Amazing Mabel” which features sketches done by Dodge. Dodge was associated with Manby when she rented a house from him when she first arrived in Taos. Manby and Dodge are both buried at the cemetery in Kit Carson Park in Taos, albeit Mandy’s grave is outside the gate of the cemetery. Look for pictures of the Mabel Dodge gravesite online and you will see it adorned with rocks, sticks, tapestry, coins and other trinkets. In my opinion the tapestry is a big clue to the final blaze and eventual treasure. FF TTOTC has a quote about dodging cars that go whizzing by. A subtle hint to Mabel Dodge? Dodging cars that go whizzing by is certainly the case when you reach the heavy loads. Mabel Dodge married a Pueblo Indian, Tony Lujan. Again there is a reference to Pueblo with Dodge’s husband. Pueblo is also the home of Brown and the Pueblos killed George Bent, governor of New Mexico. Wayne Bent of the Taos area claims to be the antichrist and Broadbent is a character in Douglas’s Codex. Once again references to the Pueblo and or death. Tony Lujan’s adopted great grandson is a Pueblo and has a part in what I believe is the final blaze.
Mabel Dodge is the key to the poem/puzzle. I have also read about FF rainbow and what some people believe the meaning is. The flag for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community is the rainbow flag. Mabel Dodge was openly bisexual. Mabel Dodge had numerous homes in Taos in which the primary one was nearby Kit Carson Park at 2340 Morada Lane. This house is not associated with the search. Another such home that Dodge owned is now a bed and breakfast called the Hacienda Del Sol. It is located in Taos at 109 Mable Dodge Lane. How strange that the street sign in Taos and on maps has spelled Mabel Dodge Lane as MabLE Dodge Lane. Check the blogs for John Paul’s search story and he says something to the effect as he is in the Taos area that the map isn’t always what it appears to be. Hmm. Del sol means the sun which could also be considered a blaze. However, Hacienda Del Sol is on the north side of Mable Dodge Lane and doesn’t face the Rio Pueblo de Taos River. A little more research will show you that on the other side of Mable Dodge Lane is another bed and breakfast named the Touchstone Inn at 110 Mable Dodge Lane. The Touchstone does face the Rio Pueblo de Taos River and further research will show you that the Touchstone was once part of a much bigger house that included the Hacienda Del Sol. So at one point there was just one large house here that belonged to Mabel Dodge. So the Touchstone Inn once used to be Mabel Dodge’s house. The Touchstone website is full of information and history. Coincidently, their website has numerous misspellings of “Mabel”. It is spelled both “Mabel” and Mable”. I began where the warm water halts. I took the canyon down, put in below the home of Brown, and took the Rio Pueblo de Taos River up to Taos and past the heavy loads. I wouldn’t have got this far without ALL the other research that was done starting with Manby. The grounds at the Touchstone Inn are beautiful, sitting along the river with mature plants and trees and a breathtaking view to the east of the mountains on the pueblo land. FF has said that he would like to be buried at the location of the treasure, what a magnificent place to be buried. This of course is private property, so should the search be done along the river banks with a metal detector? I think not. I have read many references to the search ending where it began. FF new book TFTW shows a reflection of a person in the water. What does it all mean? The answer I already know, but before I share the final points please take pause and consider a few things. While broadly researching this treasure I have found references to witchcraft, cults, the antichrist, and even the devil. I think searching for the treasure is a game, but it’s not a game I want to play anymore. But consider a worst case scenario and this is not a game. The effort will be worth the cold, the grave. You don’t have to put a single toe in the water to actually get to this treasure. A blogger decoded part of the poem. If this blogger is correct then it may add another layer to the poem. I must go. The blogger removed all the letter “I”s from the poem and took out all the spaces and did a basic word search. The first word found was omen. Omens generally aren’t good. Another interesting word found was “seal”. What does seal have to do with the treasure search in New Mexico? I immediately thought of the biblical seven seals. FF says he has his autobiography is inside of a jar inside the chest and it is “sealed” with wax. Could this omen be bad and put you in the grave when you open the seal in the chest and could that start the apocalypse? That answer I don’t know. The Touchstone Inn has a labyrinth on the grounds. This is the final blaze. It is made up of river rock and will literally last thousands of years. Check out the spooky picture of the labyrinth on their website under “specials”. Another coincidence is that there is a Douglas Preston who is a member of the Labyrinth Society. I don’t know if it is the same Douglas Preston who is the author of the Codex. A labyrinth can be used for spiritual journeys. Your journey ends where it begins because there is only one way in and the same way out in a labyrinth. A labyrinth is used to reflect (FF TFTW book cover), contemplate the deeper things in life, unwind and think about relationships and life. Labyrinths are used in rituals (think THE RITUAL book). The treasure is at the center of the labyrinth at the Touchstone Inn. It is called Labyrinth of Lauren which was dedicated at the turn of the millennia. Participating in the dedication was Blue Spruce Standing Deer who is the adopted great grandson of Tony Lujan. There is a lignum standing in the center of the labyrinth. A lignum is wood. In the wood. That is exactly where I think the treasure is. Nevertheless, this is on private property so you better get permission to search there. This is all of course speculation based on references I have searched on the internet and specific blogs. Believe it or not. It’s easy enough to check.
Deepthroat.

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
WOW, thanks deepthroat !!

Amazing work you have freely given.

Kudos.

I am not one to take heed when it comes to the occult.
So I worry not in that regard. I am protected.

But I am going to have to give your post serious study and referencing. It is that good.

spaceman

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The heavy loads is concrete??? I remember reading some post from a member that said something about a spirit in the box and someone had found and opened the box and was now invaded by the evil spirit? Is this post of yours related?

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used

I must say deepthroat that's quite the research and tale. Very interesting but I disagree with the place the treasure is hidden. Not bashing you or anything, just disagree. At least your in the right state and relative area I think it's hidden but by know means do I know for sure.

I kinda get a chuckle out of the whole Yellowstone thing.
Personally I'm not a believer in any evil spirits in the box.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same , I am not a believer in evil spirits . Also in my treasure searching , I wear a cross on my necklace , I have a little bottle with holy water and some silver bullets . :wink:

spaceman

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must say deepthroat that's quite the research and tale. Very interesting but I disagree with the place the treasure is hidden. Not bashing you or anything, just disagree. At least your in the right state and relative area I think it's hidden but by know means do I know for sure.

Ronzie can you post your location like deepthroat did his or is it that you dont want to share which is perfectly OK.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used

It's in New Mexico not to far from deepthroats location, but to far to walk, at least for most (Forrest). Just my theory.
I never understood why people thought it was in Yellowstone. Sure it was a special place to Forrest as a kid, but he has other special places since then.

I would tell my spot but I actually plan on going there next year. We're doing a family vacation to my treasure site, then to the Grand Canyon and from there to visit relatives in Santa Clarita, San Francisco and Davis California.
Of course I don't know for sure it's "THE" spot, but I'd be bent if I gave it away and someone else found it. Who knows, I could be miles or even not in the right state.
Everyone who has ever gone looking thought their spot was the spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread