Forrest Fenn s treasure

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all

I have read the poem , I have read some posts and I make some conclusions . I agree with some posters how the tale had not a starting point , until now . The first map picture ( with the brown shape ) give a starting point and the location of the chest ( or whatever is ) . This map show how this mountain formation has the root in north central NM and with the clue which says how the treasure is not in Canada , but is north , in the brown alleged mountain formation .
And now we return to the roots and research a mountain formation like in the picture , which could fit with some clues .
After little research , I found how the place fit to a mountain range near Santa Fe recreation area . Look at these pictures to see the similarities . In the second picture I have inserted an overlay with the map .

View attachment 873339 View attachment 873341

Now the clues .
I believe is not far from Santa Fe but is far to walk .
What could has hot water ? Except a natural geyser , I believe is a house . And of course on the top of the recreation area , are some houses . Maybe one of these belongs to a Brown family , or has brown color , or it is made from tree logs . In this picture are the houses and to the right the Santa Fe lake .

View attachment 873352

The other clues , I believe are around Santa Fe lake .
This is my opinion , and I hope to be the correct .

Have a nice day and good luck in your research .

hi markmar your attachment links dont work

Donnadoo

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forrest is a different breed of cat. An enigma at the least.

I do know, that if someone finds the box, he'd like the silver bracelet back. He regrets putting it in there.

He wants it back as way of verifying the treasure is found. He regrets puttung it in there because he knows man's greedy nature and feels he won't get it back.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He wants it back as way of verifying the treasure is found. He regrets puttung it in there because he knows man's greedy nature and feels he won't get it back.

No. He really likes it. Offered to buy it.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Brown isn't a building as he has said not in a structure or in one interview it could still be hidden many years from now and would survive time. Buildings are easily erased by fire, floods, earthquakes and even torn down.
He's also said that people have been within 500ft of it, so it's got to be a little off the beaten path.
Somewhere dear to him. I've only heard of Yellowstone and in NM something about the Rio Grande. If you follow the Rio Grande are there any hints to the poem????

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hint is 'not here'. You loose.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using TreasureNet

I highly recommend the harassment of the threads stop, can't be much clearer than that.....

"Help keep the atmosphere at TreasureNet fun! Sniping, name calling, degeneration and other generally negative or abusive actions are grounds for moderation. In extreme cases grounds for banning!"

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I highly recommend the harassment of the threads stop, can't be much clearer than that.....

"Help keep the atmosphere at TreasureNet fun! Sniping, name calling, degeneration and other generally negative or abusive actions are grounds for moderation. In extreme cases grounds for banning!"

Thing is,.. wasnt that the reason someone started the Forrest for trees thread? so they would have their own slam thread? Seems that still isnt enough though.
I know you are serious with the banning, been there, and I have tried to self-moderate with some level of success. But it is really hard to have a discussion with like minded folks that share the same interest, when one is constantly having to defend their interests in this subject thread to others that dont share the same enthusiasm.

I can only assume that this is not in the best interests of the board or community.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have correct the pictures in my previous post . I don't understand , when I posted them first time , was Ok .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ronzie

First , I like your avatar . Reminds me a short period of my life .
And second , you wrote " Buildings are easily erased by fire, floods, earthquakes and even torn down."
I believe , the same may be happen with anything could be a " home of Brown " . Sometimes the clues are not so complicated as we believe . The author have write the word " Brown " with a capital letter , which means how is a name . What is the reason to give a name to a thing or to an animal metaphor ?
Just some more thoughts .

Last edited:

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Ronzie

First , I like your avatar . Reminds me a short period of my life .
And second , you wrote " Buildings are easily erased by fire, floods, earthquakes and even torn down."
I believe , the same may be happen with anything could be a " home of Brown " . Sometimes the clues are not so complicated as we believe . The author have write the word " Brown " with a capital letter , which means how is a name . What is the reason to give a name to a thing or to an animal metaphor ?
Just some more thoughts .

Actually this avatar is from my newest machine the Tesoro Outlaw.

Brown might not mean a person, place or thing.

B_ _ _ _ _
r_ _ _ _ _
o_ _ _ _ _
w_ _ _ _ _
n_ _ _ _ _

spaceman

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like everyone is jumping around on here without any order. If we start with WWWH then I think that it has to be a hot spring or geyser. There are so many of those north of Sante Fe that it is logical that it is as stated. Which one has to be narrowed down to where the second clue fits and you start eliminating the other ones. Then when you go to the third clue it narrows it down even more, etc, etc.
If you start looking at other kinds of meaning to it then there would be an infinite number of possibilities and you could never find it. My observation. But I am in the hunt. I wish I would have started earlier in the year and will now have to wait till spring.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like everyone is jumping around on here without any order. If we start with WWWH then I think that it has to be a hot spring or geyser. There are so many of those north of Sante Fe that it is logical that it is as stated. Which one has to be narrowed down to where the second clue fits and you start eliminating the other ones. Then when you go to the third clue it narrows it down even more, etc, etc.
If you start looking at other kinds of meaning to it then there would be an infinite number of possibilities and you could never find it. My observation. But I am in the hunt. I wish I would have started earlier in the year and will now have to wait till spring.

Finally...some sense. Thank you.

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

I just started this spring, and wished I started a couple of years ago.
Iwill be getting one more trip out this year, but the snows are going to be deep and cold, so I will have plenty of time for next spring.

spaceman

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without having to read this whole thread can any one tell me if there has been a list of locations posted that fit the first three or four clues or is everyone just keeping there locations to themselves?

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without having to read this whole thread can any one tell me if there has been a list of locations posted that fit the first three or four clues or is everyone just keeping there locations to themselves?

Many "fit" if you try hard enough. :(

It is NOT below Firehole Falls.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ronzie

You insist in a good way . Your thought about anagram could to make sense . The houses on the top of the Santa FE recreation area , which I have marked in my previous pictures , are radio or tv broadcasting facilities . And to fit these to an anagram we could say Broadcasting wide net .
I like these games .

Last edited:

spaceman

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many "fit" if you try hard enough. :(

It is NOT below Firehole Falls.

No one wants to give me a real answer I guess. And how do we know it is not below the falls? Maybe a lot of clues fit but has any one made a list of all of these locations so we can narrow it down with the next clue? If not then how can we begin to try to solve the puzzle? Or is this thread just to throw out statements here and there.

OP
OP
themarkd

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one wants to give me a real answer I guess. And how do we know it is not below the falls? Maybe a lot of clues fit but has any one made a list of all of these locations so we can narrow it down with the next clue? If not then how can we begin to try to solve the puzzle? Or is this thread just to throw out statements here and there.

I (and others) have thoroughly checked below the falls. The problem is...we're looking for a shoebox in millions of acres. Its hard to rule out a location 100%. My group has checked a half dozen spots in Yellowstone and several more by Taos. I could get you more specifics. But...you're right. A clearinghouse of where it isn't is a solid idea. I can get you emails of prolific "Fenners" (my word) if you'd like.

spaceman

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I (and others) have thoroughly checked below the falls. The problem is...we're looking for a shoebox in millions of acres. Its hard to rule out a location 100%. My group has checked a half dozen spots in Yellowstone and several more by Taos. I could get you more specifics. But...you're right. A clearinghouse of where it isn't is a solid idea. I can get you emails of prolific "Fenners" (my word) if you'd like.

No need for the emails I already have my hand full now but I dont think I will rule out any location even if it has been checked before bcause it could easily be overlooked. Unless these fenners have a spreadsheet of the locations being wittled down as the clues progress. Thanks for the offer.

Ignorance Denied

Aug 20, 2013
Utah
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Isnt there a map of tried and tested chase spots on the web somewhere??

Just looked, but couldnt find it, but I dont put much stock in someone else looking somewhere and then saying it isnt there. I run on my own instincts, regardless of how searched it may be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread