Forrest Fenns Treasure - Clue Compilation

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you understood what I was saying. I clicked the video link and it says the video can't be found.

No comment to this, Mark? You accuse me of something I clearly didn't say, get defensive about it in a long diatribe about perception, and don't have anything to say when you realize you were wrong in your defensiveness and misunderstood what I said?

Also, is anyone else having problems with the video?

OP
OP
M

Mark9497

Greenie
Jun 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No comment to this, Mark? You accuse me of something I clearly didn't say, get defensive about it in a long diatribe about perception, and don't have anything to say when you realize you were wrong in your defensiveness and misunderstood what I said?

Also, is anyone else having problems with the video?

Customx - are you serious? You want an apology? For what? For not understanding your cryptic statement - "The video isn't working for me"? Well, hell, if you can't see how someone could misinterpret your comment, especially since you're the only one who seems to have a problem playing the video, then I don't know what to tell you.

But since you are so insecure and it is so important to you that you had to return here, to an open forum, and publicly grope for an apology, then I will indulge you.

Customx, I come to you with hat in hand, ashamed and humbled by my unspeakable transgression, seeking solace in your forgiveness, and would like to offer my deepest and most sincerely heartfelt apology. Oh, that, and with cream and a cherry on top.

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
mark9497, more clues for your,Clue Compilation
from dals TOTC blog
Important | Thrill Of The Chase

But in the light of a recent accident, and in the interest of safety, I feel it
necessary to alter that plan.
The treasure chest is not under water, nor is it near the Rio Grande River.
It is not necessary to move large rocks or climb up or down a steep precipice,
and it is not under a man-made object.
Please remember that I was about 80 when I made two trips from my vehicle
to where I hid the treasure.
Please be cautious and don’t take risks.

Last edited:

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just recently learned of this treasure and as crazy as this may seem, I think I know approximately where it is. I have not read all of the posts and really wish I lived closer than a 12 hour one way drive. I'd love to get in on the hunt.

sjvalleyhunter

Silver Member
May 5, 2014
Central California
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac and Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well considering the value of the treasure is at more than a million dollars, don't let a 12 hour drive get in your way if you have an idea where it is. Heck, I live in California and would take the drive out there if I had a clue where to start.

Mr_Cliffe

Jul 31, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just registered after finding out about the hunt. I love all the clues here! Thank you, and I'll be sure to contribute when I can.

Elliott_C

Sep 20, 2015
Monte Vista, CO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can we rule out Brown's Park in northwestern Colorado? It's a very remote area, and it's renowned for being the hiding place of famous outlaws and has multiple treasure legends coming from the area. It fits the lines "riches new and old" and "below the home of Brown" The Green River canyon and Gates of Ladore might also fit into the poem somehow.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anything/anyone* else need Deleted from TreasureNet ?

this is
Mark9497 's Thread. He is the Original Poster.
anyone else decide to attack Mark personally ?
You too can be a Former TreasureNet member :unhappysmiley:

Stay on topic Keep things Friendly !

http://www.treasurenet.com/index.php?pageid=rules

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Times 2

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Cheaperrooter

Apr 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say, which is something I don’t really see mentioned anywhere, is as much as this has always interested me, the MAIN reason I don’t look is how do you all know it hasn’t already been found?

Because I can tell you right now if I ever find it? No one‘s EVER going to know that’s for damn sure!!! I’m not going to announce that crap just to have everybody and their mother step forward and tell me I suddenly owe this for state taxes, and that for federal taxes, and this for.... and I think anybody in their right mind would do the same thing. So that takes it off the table for me.

Still, the one thing that has always confused me is this. The poem says not far but too far to walk. But then he goes on to say that he made the trip twice by foot in one afternoon and was less than a few miles? HUH????? And was the less than a few miles BOTH trips or just one way and back?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mark9497

Greenie
Jun 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheaperrooter - according to the thread counter there are plenty of people still checking out this thread and benefiting from it. I haven't responded because you're not asking anything that hasn't already been addressed and beaten to death countless times in other threads and forums. I don't have the time or energy to get into the myriad of "what ifs" this search tends to generate. I've present the information in the most factual way I could. Do with it whatever you would like.

Cheaperrooter

Apr 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheaperrooter - according to the thread counter there are plenty of people still checking out this thread and benefiting from it. I haven't responded because you're not asking anything that hasn't already been addressed and beaten to death countless times in other threads and forums. I don't have the time or energy to get into the myriad of "what ifs" this search tends to generate. I've present the information in the most factual way I could. Do with it whatever you would like.

Do not follow your logic whatsoever, but if that’s the way you feel, then so be it. But I’m not quite sure what “other threads and forums” have to do with making added comments on THIS thread and forum. Nor “thread counter” as well, when it comes to RESPONDING to a post...

Because I did read this particular thread from start to finish and the two things that I addressed were NOT spoken about or talked about or debated.

Did I do a big, grand Google search to see if it was discussed in other areas? Of course not. Neither did I do a big, grand Google search to see if any of the information YOU posted in this particular thread had been “addressed or beaten to death” as well. I’m very certain if I did, I would very well have come across a lot of what you said being addressed in other forums. But then again Mark, this is not OTHER forums, it is THIS forum.

I didn’t realize that in order to add information or comments to any particular thread you started, that one must first do a thorough search of all other forums and threads to make sure that no information has been duplicated for discussion! 5 pages and 72 posts is not exactly huge and seldom is anybody asking the OP himself anyway, but ALL others who are taking part as well, so the fact that you were tired and have no energy isn’t really relevant..

You’re obviously being VERY touchy for some odd, unknown reason and seem intent on defending a hypothetical position, AS IF I said this thread was useless and didn’t lend anything to the topic. I never said I didn’t benefit from it??

I am simply bringing up two new points that were not addressed, so I don’t know why you say there are many people benefiting from it AS IF I said I was not!!! Or why the counter has anything to do with anything as pertaining to my post, AS IF I said the thread should be closed down because of inactivity.

But hey, thanks anyway, it’s been a blast!!! And would say you brought up some excellent points....if only they needed to be brought up! Maybe you’re practicing your crystal ball routine and preparing for the next possible poster who IS going to attack those areas.

And surely, next time, I’ll be sure to only bring up nothing but facts and locations when making comments on an UNFOUND treasure. And dare not as well, discuss any “what if’s” when the ENTIRE subject matter of ANY treasure map is by nature, “what if’s” AND your post was “what if’s” SMH!

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mark9497

Greenie
Jun 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man o' man, Cheaperrooter, you're a real piece of work. You pick a fight and then act as if you're the one being persecuted. Does this work for you in other threads, because it doesn't work for me here. But since you can't let this go and suffer an inexplicable need to be put on blast in a public forum, then so be it. Lets break this down - shall we?

1) You said you had no interest in looking for the treasure. Correct? Then why post anything? And why should I answer? Why try to ruin it for everyone else? This thread is devoted to those interested in the chase - not those interested in knocking it. I find it insulting, as I am sure others reading this forum feel as well, by your not so subtle way of trying to build yourself up by pretending you are the only person in the room smart enough to point out the "obvious". And by "obvious" I mean the "How does anyone know the treasure hasn't been found" question. To show you how stupid this question is and how it is nothing other than a thinly veiled attempt to build yourself up at the expense of everyone else on this thread - I'll reverse the question and ask you in return - How do you know it isn't still there? Until the treasure has officially been found, and we know for sure it is no longer there, then this question is just as stupid and just as impossible to answer.

2) No one? Nobody following this any longer? Since your insatiable need for attention was apparently unsatisfied when no one replied to your post you felt the need to post a self indulgent and snarky comment such as this. Why? Is it a mandatory requirement for others on this thread to bow to your needs and bend to your beck and call? Or maybe it's just a forum where others typically post when they have something useful to contribute. And despite the narcissistic undertones of your post I answered your question. But somehow you still had a problem with that? Hmm. Methink you may be high maintenance. Therapy does wonders BTW.

3) The poem says not far but too far to walk. But then he goes on to say that he made the trip twice by foot in one afternoon and was less than a few miles? HUH?? My god, really? Are we going back to grade school? (insert head shake here) Since it means SO MUCH to you and since you are incapable of doing your own research, I'll help you out and answer your question. It is commonly accepted, but not proven of course, that "too far to walk" refers to the need to drive from one location to another. Once at the location he then made the trip from his car to the location of the treasure twice in one day. Capish?

And finally...

4) Man up and do your own research and stop expecting everyone else to do all the work for you. Sheesh!

Last edited:

rcole

Tenderfoot
Jul 18, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
because the answer to your question is "Henry"....the two best line in the poem are "tarry scant" (funny stuff right there, I love it..!) and "in the wood"...I have heard that Sooo many times..! makes me laugh under my breath every time Mr. Fenn says it..! what a wise way to use the words in the poem..!

Cheaperrooter

Apr 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man o' man, Cheaperrooter, you're a real piece of work. You pick a fight and then act as if you're the one being persecuted. Does this work for you in other threads, because it doesn't work for me here. But since you can't let this go and suffer an inexplicable need to be put on blast in a public forum, then so be it. Lets break this down - shall we?

1) You said you had no interest in looking for the treasure. Correct? Then why post anything? And why should I answer? Why try to ruin it for everyone else? This thread is devoted to those interested in the chase - not those interested in knocking it. I find it insulting, as I am sure others reading this forum feel as well, by your not so subtle way of trying to build yourself up by pretending you are the only person in the room smart enough to point out the "obvious". And by "obvious" I mean the "How does anyone know the treasure hasn't been found" question. To show you how stupid this question is and how it is nothing other than a thinly veiled attempt to build yourself up at the expense of everyone else on this thread - I'll reverse the question and ask you in return - How do you know it isn't still there? Until the treasure has officially been found, and we know for sure it is no longer there, then this question is just as stupid and just as impossible to answer.

2) No one? Nobody following this any longer? Since your insatiable need for attention was apparently unsatisfied when no one replied to your post you felt the need to post a self indulgent and snarky comment such as this. Why? Is it a mandatory requirement for others on this thread to bow to your needs and bend to your beck and call? Or maybe it's just a forum where others typically post when they have something useful to contribute. And despite the narcissistic undertones of your post I answered your question. But somehow you still had a problem with that? Hmm. Methink you may be high maintenance. Therapy does wonders BTW.

3) The poem says not far but too far to walk. But then he goes on to say that he made the trip twice by foot in one afternoon and was less than a few miles? HUH?? My god, really? Are we going back to grade school? (insert head shake here) Since it means SO MUCH to you and since you are incapable of doing your own research, I'll help you out and answer your question. It is commonly accepted, but not proven of course, that "too far to walk" refers to the need to drive from one location to another. Once at the location he then made the trip from his car to the location of the treasure twice in one day. Capish?

And finally...

4) Man up and do your own research and stop expecting everyone else to do all the work for you. Sheesh!

Wow!!! I picked a fight by making a couple of random comments on a thread??? LMAO!!! You sure seem to be going WAY out of your way to look for trouble. I think I’ve made a dozen posts on this website in the last YEAR and you say I’m seeking attention? Stupendously absurd as it is hysterically funny.

Honestly Mark, I read the first few sentences of your first point and stopped reading because it’s VERY APPARENT you have some issues... DEEP issues. After reading your first point, there was simply no reason to proceed because I understood clearly there was no reason trying to continue to explain to you logically and intellectually, why your original reply was ridiculous. Why your reply was argumentative. Why your reply made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Anybody on the face of this earth (I thought) with even a tad of intelligence that read my response could clearly see that absolutely every point I made was spot on. Except somebody going out of their way to look for trouble and pick a fight with somebody just makkng some simple comments...

You’re a troublemaker that reads things that don’t exist and forces an argument out of nothing at all. Get some help Mark...

OP
OP
M

Mark9497

Greenie
Jun 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! I picked a fight by making a couple of random comments on a thread??? LMAO!!! You sure seem to be going WAY out of your way to look for trouble. I think I’ve made a dozen posts on this website in the last YEAR and you say I’m seeking attention? Stupendously absurd as it is hysterically funny.

Honestly Mark, I read the first few sentences of your first point and stopped reading because it’s VERY APPARENT you have some issues... DEEP issues. After reading your first point, there was simply no reason to proceed because I understood clearly there was no reason trying to continue to explain to you logically and intellectually, why your original reply was ridiculous. Why your reply was argumentative. Why your reply made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Anybody on the face of this earth (I thought) with even a tad of intelligence that read my response could clearly see that absolutely every point I made was spot on. Except somebody going out of their way to look for trouble and pick a fight with somebody just makkng some simple comments...

You’re a troublemaker that reads things that don’t exist and forces an argument out of nothing at all. Get some help Mark...

Do us all a favor little man and move on. Better yet, instead trolling someone else's thread, why don't you take the time and effort to create you own? Yeah, that's the ticket. You can continue to be as egocentric and nonsensical as you want and I won't say a word. Or are you afraid no one would read it or you might have a small minded troll like yourself spilling nonsense onto your page? Whatever the reason, go away, you bore me.

Cheaperrooter

Apr 23, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do us all a favor little man and move on. Better yet, instead trolling someone else's thread, why don't you take the time and effort to create you own? Yeah, that's the ticket. You can continue to be as egocentric and nonsensical as you want and I won't say a word. Or are you afraid no one would read it or you might have a small minded troll like yourself spilling nonsense onto your page? Whatever the reason, go away, you bore me.

Love how little men like you use terms like “us” and “we” to make yourself feel more important than you are...

Right, I bore you so much, you write novel length replies and respond to all my posts?? LMAO!!! Youre something dude, really Mark, you do need some help. Seek it bro. Bye bye now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread