OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Would anyone who reads this thread know the poster, The Wolf, associated with the Fenn Chase Chat Forum or have anything that could publically shared here?
There is an organization out west, That collects money to adopt a wolf. You send them your donation and they send you a picture and pawl impression of 'your wolf', I stopped out to see my daughter's wolf and was told that they had been released on the Indian reservation . I asked for directions and was told no one is allowed to go there. I did notice she had a computer full of wolf pictures and a drawer full of wolf pawl impressions. This was a one gal office in a ski resort town. They also sell posters and other wolf pictured items. Perhaps if you send a donation you can adopt him. For your info. Frank... STILL LIFE-0003 wolf.jpg

Last edited:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the by Frankn,Good work there.
From Post #1521 on Forrest Fenn's theasure thread p 77 (AKA to some as the "In Fenn We
Trust" subject thread.

Quoting your post there.
"It makes no difference where you stand! The angle of the sun to the lake as it settles
equals the angle of reflected incidence.
So the reflected "blaze" Will appear in the same spot no matter where you stand, basic
geometry. FYI Frank... "

reflection-sun-water.jpg

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is an organization out west, That collects money to adopt a wolf. You send them your donation and they send you a picture and pawl impression of 'your wolf', I stopped out to see my daughter's wolf and was told that they had been released on the Indian reservation . I asked for directions and was told no one is allowed to go there. I did notice she had a computer full of wolf pictures and a drawer full of wolf pawl impressions. This was a one gal office in a ski resort town. They also sell posters and other wolf pictured items. Perhaps if you send a donation you can adopt him. For your info. Frank...

chasing2.jpg

Frankn:I think that is our fellow poster Vor's territory. If he can just dislodge that flying gaff I used in our last exchange here. I may have gone too far. Vor is likely OK tho.:icon_thumright:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waiting5.jpg

So then. Silence is golden,is it not? I was waiting on The Wolf from the Fenn Chase Chat forum, but I see that is probably something that is not going to happen here. Possibly The Wolf does not frequent the TreasureNet forum?

Then again, how long is too long to wait? So I took a trip thru the canyons of mind, searching for the answer to that question. Maybe too long to wait is like Too Far To Walk? But then, I had previously discovered that the best place to look for the answer to the latter quetion is in a work of literature titled Too Far To Walk by the author John Hersey. That is where I found that Fenn clue to lead me anyway. Try it, you might like it. Not so much the book itself, but the light it casts on the poem map clues, the home of Brown and below the home of Brown

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yosemite National Park, Bridalveil Fall

waiting-C.jpg

An Illusion defined:

1.Something that deceives by producing a false or misleading impression of reality.
2.The state or condition of being deceived; misapprehension.
3.An instance of being deceived.
4.A perception, as of visual stimuli (optical illusion) that represents what is perceived in a way different from the way it is in reality.

Rainbows are optical illusions. In his TOTC book, Fenn states that a searcher will be searching for HIS (Fenn's) treasure at the end of HIS (Fenn's) rainbow. The searcher in the Chase game ,to Fenn, appears to be simply a tool. A means to and end. Nothing more, nothing less.

Where you stand is significant in viewing a optical illusion (rainbow) as well as any illusion of the mind. Only in the case of an optical illusion do your eyes alone fool your brain. With other illusions in the realm of the mind, it is only a simple matter of what you choose to accept on faith alone, reject for lack of logical verification, or reserve judgment as to the probable truth of the matter. If you stand in the shoes of the hunter rather than those of the quarry, your odds of seeing THE BLAZE clue in the poem map increase significantly. But there are no guarantee in this Chase game,as is true in most of life.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Here's something to think about. You really don't see objects. You see the light reflected off of them. Don't believe me! Turn off the lights. Frank...
cube700.jpg

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HerseyJohn.jpg
John Richard Hersey (June 17, 1914 – March 24, 1993) was a Pulitzer Prize-winning American writer and journalist considered one of the earliest practitioners of the so-called New Journalism, in which storytelling techniques of fiction are adapted to non-fiction reportage.

An article called "Hiroshima" written by John Hersey was published in The New Yorker magazine in August 1946, a year after World War II ended. The article was based on interviews with atomic bomb survivors and tells their experiences the morning of the blast and for the next few days and weeks. It was a calm and accurate account of survival in the first city to be destroyed by a single weapon.
"Hiroshima" was quickly published as a book, and remains in print today.

However it is Hersey's much less notable work, "Too Far To Walk" published in 1966, that is of interest in Fenn's chase game poem map. I don't recommend the book. But I found Fenn to have used the book in his Chase game.

This is were the "guided tour posts end for me. Anyone who is interested in solving the poem map and seeing the true Blaze is on their own, as it should be. It is a piece of cake from here forward tho.
You only need to know how to read, reason and THINK. Not what you think, rather how you think. My advice would be to stop spinning wheels in the outdoors because you enjoy being outdoors. That is similar to only looking for an item you lost in places you have never been because you want to travel more.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
What gives it all away is fenn deliberately did not mention a starting point. He mentions an imaginary starting point, where warm waters stop. It's like taking a grand trip with no destination. You will never get 'there'. Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pabst-Blue-Ribbon-Full.jpg
Well beam me up Frankn. The folks who frequent the original Fenn Chase game thread on this forum, and are "forbidden" by their blind faith to even "peek in on this thread" MAY have recently discovered the use of controlled use fire by humans.

Last edited:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
migrant worker.jpg

So then. Think about it. Fenn has said on several occasions that his target audience for his Chase game is/was "a redneck from Texas with a pickup truck, out of work, with a wife and kids to feed". Now let's get serious here folks. That is likely Fenn's way of insulting a prospective searcher so the prospective searcher does not even know he/she has been insulted. Then it morphs into getting kids outside and away from all these newfangled gadgets. The family having fun together in the Rocky Mountains. The great outdoors. Great fun. Parents, teach your kids to be stupid and believe anything when somebody dangles the prospect of rich quick scheme in front of them.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fenn has also said that all he wants to see are sweaty bodies out there looking for his cache. Frank...
cock fight 700.jpg Actually I had a real good picture for this post, but I don't think it would have stayed up long!

Last edited:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Faust

Rembrandt-Faust.jpg

Etching of the mystical character Faust by the artist Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn,
15 July 1606 – 4 October 1669.

Option-(C) The word map (poem) was on the level and led to an Illusion of a treasure in the mind of the searcher and the poet(Fenn). Fenn, the author of the poem map had the
complete illusion with location in his mind, the searcher lacked the location.

Last edited:

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quest_for_Fire_quad_movie_poster2_l - Copy.jpg

Option (A) the cache was hidden in the outdoors and could be found. The searcher only needed to have the poem map committed to memory, discover the meaning that Fenn had given to each clue, find the area in the massive search zone as defined by Fenn (north of Santa Fe, NM, in the Rocky Mountains, at least 5,000 feet evlevation), where the "clues lined up" and EURIKA!

Chase game searchers with tunnel vision, searching in the outdoors for the Fenn cache.
They never knew it was the Knowledge, not the fire, they were seeking.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
It is not for the smart ones, the forrest search, but for the not so swift! Frank...
51.jpg

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
By '51' I was thinking about a short deck. ie fenn's poker game. lol Frank
Tarot.jpg