What's new

✅ SOLVED Fort Find Puzzlers

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2020
Messages
1,793
Reaction score
5,603
Golden Thread
1
Location
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone! I haven’t been detecting much lately as I’ve been very busy. I was able to get out to one of my 1830s fort sites today and I recovered a couple puzzlers. My first find today looks like it could be a sword hanger but I’m unsure. My other puzzler is this Denmark coin with a hole shot through it. I’m not sure if it’s period or not. Any help on either relic would be very appreciated.
Happy hunting!
DF4DF6CE-7B2F-483D-AD95-118BAB15E0E6.webp
50C3B1A7-323D-4E86-B9BC-EFA071E01A16.webp
4E2F88B0-B86F-4E4E-8A55-2CB15264F67F.webp
 
Hello Everyone! I haven’t been detecting much lately as I’ve been very busy. I was able to get out to one of my 1830s fort sites today and I recovered a couple puzzlers. My first find today looks like it could be a sword hanger but I’m unsure. My other puzzler is this Denmark coin with a hole shot through it. I’m not sure if it’s period or not. Any help on either relic would be very appreciated.
Happy hunting!View attachment 1996585View attachment 1996586View attachment 1996587
Looks like Annie Oakley was doing some tricks over there 🤣
 
Upvote 2
it looks a lot like what Terry Soloman a member here, ID as a LEECH & RIGDON SABER SNAP
maybe clean it up some not sure if they are stamped with Co. name or not

 
Upvote 4
... I think it’s a leather fixed eye spring snap hook. I’m not sure how you could guess what it was used for, common hardware in a more simpler time...
 
Upvote 2
I'm thinking the coin may be one of these.

10 ore = 17.91 mm
25 ore = 23 mm

1948 - 1960


The crowned monogram is for King Frederik IX. The tiny heart found between the letters below ORE is the mint mark for Copenhagen. The letters to either side of the heart are the initials of the mint master.

ore.jpg
 
Last edited:
Upvote 7
I'm thinking the coin may be one of these.

10 ore = 17.91 mm
25 ore = 23 mm

1948 - 1960


The crowned monogram is for King Frederik IX. The tiny heart found between the letters below ORE is the mint mark for Copenhagen. The letters to either side of the heart are the initials of the mint master.

View attachment 1996644
Thank you sir!
 
Upvote 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom