What's new

Fort Myers Beach find

cesartalavera

Tenderfoot
Joined
Aug 8, 2014
Messages
8
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II / Cobra Beach Magnet
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Here is what I found today at Fort Myers beach during low tide, about waist deep!
One quarter, nickel, three pennies, ring and some sort of fused shells with metal in between.
IMG_8615.webpIMG_8615.webp
 
Upvote 18
You got out and had fun. That works!!

But really a Cobra Beach Magnet??
 
Love to know what the encrusted piece is.
When ya gonna bust it apart ?

Post some pics of it when you do.
 
just dissolve the shells with muriatic acid, avoid breakage
 
Great finds!....How much did you pay for parking?
 
Hi Scuba, the cobra is my sons, I have excal II.
 
Hi AARC, I will work on that encrusted piece later this week. I will post the picture once I do.
 
Hi seeker, Great advise will try that out and will post a picture after.
 
Hi Big, Thanks, I payed two dollars an hour but if you park at the bodwitch point park its free.
 
I love the crusted over stuff.

Never know what's inside.

Will a magnet attract what's inside?
 
Often it is easy to talk a vet or a dentist into an xray to see what is in the encrustation if you want to know.

The vets that do field portable xrays are the best, their machines are the most powerful.

On the Cobra, it is probably better than most detectors from 20 years ago, and look what we found then!
 
Last edited:
Nice finds! :occasion14:

I hope the shell surprise is a big gold ring!
 
Nice finds! Congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom