Fortified position for lost village????

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Spring house.
A crate sunk in cool running water can keep perishables cool. While other labors are attended before the luxury of a spring house....
A house or cabin would usually be built first ,then shelter for livestock.

Early on in the thread a suspicion of there being livestock around due to a stone/ rock hint of fence ,or shelter walls. ( probably my imagination.)
Such a large spring house hints of room for milk cans.
When going beyond family use in milk production , more cans and room to chill them would be needed.
The site though ....really matters.
Production milking would need a way to get the cans to an area near enough to avoid having to cool them again. ( And avoid the hassle of another unload/ loading).
They could be picked up on site too ,but that could affect profit.
The question is ,is it a reasonable ride to transport milk( butter,eggs) to a nearby community?

If not , then some one was either very ambitious and had time ,or paid labor to build a nice permanent long term spring house.
Awesome pics...

OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20180127015716_IMG_0700.JPG

More of the spring house i guess

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been fascinated with the structure of this building since the first time that I saw it.
Particularly fascinated by the two bench like structures in the foreground, and wondering if anyone can date it.

I have seen many permanent, and improved springs, in my life, but never one as well built as this one.

Just having seen the area that you have photographed and documented around it, over many months, has told an unforgettable story that would have been missed, had you not had your boots on the ground and your camera in hand.
I look forward to what you discover next!

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been fascinated with the structure of this building since the first time that I saw it.
Particularly fascinated by the two bench like structures in the foreground, and wondering if anyone can date it.

I have seen many permanent, and improved springs, in my life, but never one as well built as this one.

Just having seen the area that you have photographed and documented around it, over many months, has told an unforgettable story that would have been missed, had you not had your boots on the ground and your camera in hand.
I look forward to what you discover next!

#/;0{>~

Me too Mike I'm excited to go back it has been was to cold for my liking hahah my hands won't let me be in the cold that long they hurt! But here's more to the story guys I have been at the home site many times but this is the first winter so much is cleared out this spring house is couple hundred feet behind homesite. But I can tell you all it's much older built than the 2 homes that stood and a tad to the left so I always had went straight up never to the side there is a well behind or what I would call behind (actually the front) I'll post a pic when I get home of well to me 3 logs extended to this well at one time. The benches make me wonder I have Googled all kinds of spring houses the only thing even resembling mind are called temples and it looks like a temple a place to sit and ponder but I don't guys that's why I'm here

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
What's sticking up in the background behind that old dwelling?

OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's sticking up in the background behind that old dwelling?

I believe u are talking about 2 huge holders that hold a huge mystery I will not be posting them until I have sent and discussed them with prospectormikel

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, also pay attention to the large old forked tree with the "crotch" out in front of the gap between them. I have very similar trees like that in which you line something thru them.

OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, also pay attention to the large old forked tree with the "crotch" out in front of the gap between them. I have very similar trees like that in which you line something thru them.

Ok so please circle what tree your talking about thanks for the info always appreciated

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
After a while they become easier to spot. Y tree 20180127015555_IMG_0697.jpg

OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my guess is and there are more trees like this one is that it is wanting you to look at the river it's couple miles ummm maybe 4 at max distance you would be looking that way if u stood looking towards the spring house Screenshot_20180208-023317.png Screenshot_20180208-023317.png

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The U shaped ones like the one you posted looking kind of like an open top number 4 or upsidedown h would probably be a "vault" tree, it 's the same as the U shaped or square notches in the ridgelines out west cut in rock.
So when you find those along the trails you are likely pretty close to something. Much closer than a couple miles, the animal head protruding on the right side of it is probably pointing a direction, so it 's sideways from the tree there. Should be some boulders on the ground or something that looks out of place to catch your attention. Possibly even a tree triangle that are blazed or singled out. They liked traveling the water routes as they were easier to map. So you will find these by water-ways alot and they will point directions of where to leave the water-way/trail usually just a short distance to a mine or vault location, or there will be a series of markers getting you there if its further a than a couple hundred feet.

OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The U shaped ones like the one you posted looking kind of like an open top number 4 or upsidedown h would probably be a "vault" tree, it 's the same as the U shaped or square notches in the ridgelines out west cut in rock.
So when you find those along the trails you are likely pretty close to something. Much closer than a couple miles, the animal head protruding on the right side of it is probably pointing a direction, so it 's sideways from the tree there. Should be some boulders on the ground or something that looks out of place to catch your attention. Possibly even a tree triangle that are blazed or singled out. They liked traveling the water routes as they were easier to map. So you will find these by water-ways alot and they will point directions of where to leave the water-way/trail usually just a short distance to a mine or vault location, or there will be a series of markers getting you there if its further a than a couple hundred feet.

Quinoa look at post 290 please I will post them at a later date I need to get with prospectormikel then I will post and the first boulder u can see is probably 15ft to the left of the tree it's close enough u can see both boulders and trees in pic

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The 2 outcrops by the forked tree was what I was originally speaking of "sticking up in the background". The forked tree with a crotch next to them is just an extra that goes along with them. The forked tree is different from the Square U shaped tree.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions