What's new

Fossil bone?

Whiplash00

Full Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2016
Messages
241
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone identify if this is bone? I shaved two small sections and it sure looks like it. Sorry if the photos are blurry, I can use a real camera if so
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468282352.001608.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468282377.711950.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468282396.755232.webp
 
Well, thats a tough call. Depth in the dirt makes me thinks not. Overall shape makes me think not. surface texture makes me think not. but the broken section kind of says "bone". If it is bone, I don't think it's going to be fossilized.
 
I am logged in on my laptop right now. I always use my phone and the app. I cannot believe how bad the photos ive posted look. Thankfully, I took some with a camera this time, I'll try to post them now.
 
I am logged in on my laptop right now. I always use my phone and the app. I cannot believe how bad the photos ive posted look. Thankfully, I took some with a camera this time, I'll try to post them now.

image1--4-.webp
 
I agree and thought the same thing. The surface of my property is colonial coral and mollusks just below the grass and when I uncovered this I didn't see the coral. I've spent the last year trying to figure out whats going on here and I have a good idea now, but it's too much to type. This is not the first time I've found this, the last one was a lot deeper and I filled it back in.
 
If that's not strange enough here is a photo of the coral around it.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468469219.386102.webp
 
Not sure what it is, but it reminds me an awful lot of red horn coral.....
 
The coral is all over the property and Mollusks too. I scraped 3 different places on whatever that is buried and it looks like this ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1468641949.021523.webp
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom