What's new

Fossil help?

travelorian

Jr. Member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Owen County, Ky
My mom found these in a creek two days ago and no one can figure out what they are. No pictures on google, and other forums have no idea.
 

Attachments

  • P1010059.webp
    P1010059.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 294
I had a person on another forum tell me that they are more than likely concretions. That could very well be so, since there is no real had data to support anything else.
 
I had a person on another forum tell me that they are more than likely concretions. That could very well be so, since there is no real hard data to support anything else.
 
Fossilized fungi from a tree maybe? Only a guess , I have no idea!
 
Martingeetars said:
Fossilized fungi from a tree maybe? Only a guess , I have no idea!
No. Only known fossilized fungi from BC and in amber that I am aware of.

These appear to be concretions, which are formed around a central object: the ultimate in geological "halo" effect.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom