What's new

Fossil?

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2020
Messages
4,476
Reaction score
10,424
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife spotted this at a State Park in Washington State...Whidbey Island....probably just an anomaly...but thanks for viewing.
 

Attachments

  • photo222.webp
    photo222.webp
    429.8 KB · Views: 135
  • photo111.webp
    photo111.webp
    342.8 KB · Views: 85
Unlikely, still you do have the knack of spotting the stuff you're looking for.
 
Upvote 0
It definitely looks like a footprint Crusty. :icon_scratch:
But I sincerely doubt that humans existed when the magma in the 'Northwest' was cooling, otherwise the foot would've been incinerated.

"Magma is a molten and semi-molten rock mixture found under the surface of the Earth. When magma is ejected by a volcano or other vent, the material is called lava. Magma that has cooled into a solid is called igneous rock. Magma is extremely hot—between 700°F."

Dave
 
Upvote 0
I heard back from the park ranger...and he also said it is unlikely to be a footprint....something to do with the type of rock...and how footprints are formed...I was working when he called so my details are lacking...but still an interesting rock...however...the cliffs there are experiencing alot of erosion and people are finding bits of mamoth bones and other fossils...it's a great park to visit...Fort Ebey...
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for your follow-up post Crusty.
If your stone hadn't been in a State Park and didn't weigh 300lbs, it would've been a cool souvenir to carry home. :laughing7:

I lived in Vancouver, BC briefly in the early-80s, the mountains, the fresh air and the clear blue skies are amazing in your area.
Dave
 
Upvote 0
I agree....the scenery here...especially the mountains are stunning....I see them every morning driving to work...unless it's cloudy and raining :) I miss being able to visit Vancouver BC and Victoria...I may still attempt taking the rock home...:)
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I agree....the scenery here...especially the mountains are stunning....I see them every morning driving to work...unless it's cloudy and raining :) I miss being able to visit Vancouver BC and Victoria...I may still attempt taking the rock home...:)
Back in 1984 when I was 20, I flew from Toronto to Calgary, I then took a bus to Banff National Park and did some camping. A few days later I took a bus from Banff to Vancouver and caught the ferry to Victoria. From there I took a bus to Pacific Rim National Park where I camped out on the beach for a week. It seems like just yesterday, but that was 37 years ago. :laughing7:

Take care buddy, hopefully Canada will reopen it's border to US visitors later this year.
Dave
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom