Fossils from Puerto Rico

cyberborikua

Apr 11, 2011
Chicago
Detector(s) used
BH 505, BH Tracker IV, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Track,Tesoro Sand Shark, Cobra Beach Master, Radio Shack Micronta 3001
Hi, shown below is my current collection of fossils found in my Island Puerto Rico. These fossils are just the ones that survived from a greater collection I had. The rest were lost in a house moving many years ago. The brownish one is actually the very first one Sand Dollar I found in a mountain terrace when I was 15 years old (I'm 52 now) at about 15-20 miles from the beach. The Caribbean Islands are at the top of a submarine mountain range and thus they were submerged for millions of years. The seashell impressions were found in the same mountain and the other sandollars were found at the beach. Note the difference in mineral composition for each one. Well, just something I wanted to share.

Attachments

• Sand Dollar Fossil-1.JPG
    Sand Dollar Fossil-1.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 716
  • Sand Dollar-2.JPG
    Sand Dollar-2.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 409
  • seashell imprints.JPG
    seashell imprints.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 266
  • Sand Dollar Beach-1.JPG
    Sand Dollar Beach-1.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 508
  • Sand Dollar Beach-3.JPG
    Sand Dollar Beach-3.JPG
    124.9 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberborikua

cyberborikua

Apr 11, 2011
Chicago
Detector(s) used
BH 505, BH Tracker IV, Minelab Safari, Minelab E-Track,Tesoro Sand Shark, Cobra Beach Master, Radio Shack Micronta 3001
Thanks. I had different kind of corals and many other seashells, but they were all gone in a moving :unhappysmiley:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread