What's new

Found 1900 Ind. Head and a mystery round little coin looking piece

williedigit

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
463
Reaction score
1,335
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and WHITES SILVER EAGLE also MINELAB 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455198955.183400.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455198973.609306.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455199006.091008.webp chime in and let's see what you think
 
Upvote 18
The small piece looks somewhat like the streetcar tokens I have dug in the past.
 
It may be a transit token,, ( bus, trolley, or train ).
If you soak it in olive oil for a few days, you might be able to remove some of that crud, (with a toothpick), and see some
numbers / letters.
 
I would say more than likely a transit token, I've dug probably 4 or 5 this year and all were identical in shape/design, but a few different sizes.
 
Also looks like an Insert for a Pre-50's dash instrument light...had similar lights for my MGTC...fits into a bezel and has a colored plastic backing...
 
Last edited:
williedigit the token thing is actually a part of a reusable electrical fuse. When the fuse failed or blew you were able to replace

the fusible link. TM
 
I would say more than likely a transit token, I've dug probably 4 or 5 this year and all were identical in shape/design, but a few different sizes.
Did your tokens have any words like "City bus" or
"Michigan transit," etc.
Do you have pictures?
 
Cool Indian Head find!
 
very nice finds
 
Nice IHC and whatsit. I swear Iv'e seen that thing before?
 
I agree with Time Machine it's a part to a old renewable fuse ,there were 2 in each fuse and the element would fold over your piece followed by the end cap on the fuse.ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455247523.481422.webp
 
Last edited:
Crisdigs any chance you are or were in the electrical trade ? TM
 
The little piece looks like a key tag for a hotel. It would have the room number stamped on it.
It's possible that it was an extra one that wasn't stamped.
 
Crisdigs any chance you are or were in the electrical trade ? TM

Yes I have worked as a industrial electrician for almost 20 years. Those renewable fuses used to be pretty common but aren't used that much any more.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom