What's new

Found 1974 D DDO

jim4silver

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
3,662
Reaction score
496
Golden Thread
0
I was out of town today and stopped by a few banks. One gave me $150 in Brinks rolls. I asked for more but they said they had other customers who ask for them.

Out of that I got 2- 64 Kennedys, 10- 40%ers, and the 1974 d DDO. Wonder what else was in that box??? Lot's of BU 1976 clads, but I thru them back.

The 1974d is BU and I was gonna save it just because it looked so good (bright copper color rim, I thought it was a proof when I first saw the rim). For some reason I decided to get out the loop and check (I never check for DDOs because I rim search only). And I can see the word TRUST that it is a DDO.

Anyone know what they are worth?

Jim
 
Upvote 0
post a close up pic please
 
Goes4ever said:
post a close up pic please

I don't have a digital camera. But I know for sure it is a DDO. Probably AU, maybe BU condition.

Jim
 
I have found over 150 of them, so they are not quite as rare as I had hoped. I cannot even find a market for them. I have thought about putting a roll of them on feebay just to see what they might do, but all the coin shops I have talked to have absolutely no interest in them.
 
wayne1956 said:
I have found over 150 of them, so they are not quite as rare as I had hoped. I cannot even find a market for them. I have thought about putting a roll of them on feebay just to see what they might do, but all the coin shops I have talked to have absolutely no interest in them.


You are right Wayne. I just called one of my coin stores, and the person I spoke to (who handles the numismatic and rare coins) said that they won't buy them from customers. He said they have never had a buyer come in and ask for one.

I will put it in an Air Tite and save it since it is in good shape and it only cost me 50 cents.

Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom