What's new

found a 10 peso coin

packerbacker

Gold Member
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
8,350
Reaction score
2,992
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a 1976 10 Peso, Mexican coin I found in a box of halves. It's about the size of a half. Anyone know what they are made of?
 

Attachments

  • pesos.webp
    pesos.webp
    75 KB · Views: 686
Upvote 0
packerbacker said:
This is a 1976 10 Peso, Mexican coin I found in a box of halves. It's about the size of a half. Anyone know what they are made of?

Got one myself in a box a couple of weeks ago. Definitely not silver.
HH
Rich
 
packerbacker said:
This is a 1976 10 Peso, Mexican coin I found in a box of halves. It's about the size of a half. Anyone know what they are made of?
Coins older than 1992 are no longer circulated in Mexico, so it has some collector value. Definaltely no silver in it. I believe it equals to about a 1$ coin back when it was used.
 
I'll trade you 10 of those coins for one 40%er!!! :tongue3: I found two $2 dollar Canadian coins in a box of halves I opened a few weeks ago and I live close to Canada so those will be spent in the next few months!

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
It is CuNi. My book show a mintage of 74,500,000.

HH,
65GT350
 
festiva_ford said:
packerbacker said:
This is a 1976 10 Peso, Mexican coin I found in a box of halves. It's about the size of a half. Anyone know what they are made of?
Coins older than 1992 are no longer circulated in Mexico, so it has some collector value. Definaltely no silver in it. I believe it equals to about a 1$ coin back when it was used.

So what happens if you have one in Mexico? What did they do with all the old pesos? I remember they redid the exchange rates a while back.. but I always wonder what happens when a country redoes their money and what happens to the old stuff? Did people turn them in back then for new money?
 
They rolled 'em up with half dollars and sent them to the us SF. ;D
 
SFBayArea said:
festiva_ford said:
packerbacker said:
This is a 1976 10 Peso, Mexican coin I found in a box of halves. It's about the size of a half. Anyone know what they are made of?
Coins older than 1992 are no longer circulated in Mexico, so it has some collector value. Definaltely no silver in it. I believe it equals to about a 1$ coin back when it was used.

So what happens if you have one in Mexico? What did they do with all the old pesos? I remember they redid the exchange rates a while back.. but I always wonder what happens when a country redoes their money and what happens to the old stuff? Did people turn them in back then for new money?
They wouldn't accept it. I don't think they are worth anything in mexico unless its an old silver coin. A devaluation happend in 1992. I wasn't even around back them but i'm pretty sure they would be able to turn them in for new one's.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom