What's new

Found A 1800's Coin On A Very Short Hunt

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2020
Messages
10,308
Reaction score
23,356
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
XP Deus 2
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I did a 20 min. hunt along a 100 ft. long section of very old Sidewalk.
Dug a Zinc Lincoln Cent and thought I was probably wasting time being there at all.
Only got one hit after that - 6" to 7" down - a real nice 1882 Indian Cent.
Indian Cent # (51) FTY.

Good Hunting !
 

Attachments

  • MAH - 11-26-25-A.webp
    MAH - 11-26-25-A.webp
    10.5 KB · Views: 181
  • MAH - 11-26-25-B.webp
    MAH - 11-26-25-B.webp
    14.9 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 42
Finding an Indian is always a good day!
 
Yesterday I did a 20 min. hunt along a 100 ft. long section of very old Sidewalk.
Dug a Zinc Lincoln Cent and thought I was probably wasting time being there at all.
Only got one hit after that - 6" to 7" down - a real nice 1882 Indian Cent.
Indian Cent # (51) FTY.

Good Hunting !
A very nice looking IHP. Your 20 min hunt paid off. I've hunted much , much longer and found much, much less. Kudos.
 
Nice looking Indian ! I'd take that on a short hunt any day.
 
A very nice looking IHP. Your 20 min hunt paid off. I've hunted much , much longer and found much, much less. Kudos.
Yes, this hobby is very unpredictable - but that's what keeps it interesting.
I went on a hunt last month and literally less than two minutes into the hunt found a real nice Barber Dime.
Then no good finds at all for the next 2 hours. :tongue3:
 
Nice hunt
 
Parking strips I have always liked.
 
Yesterday I did a 20 min. hunt along a 100 ft. long section of very old Sidewalk.
Dug a Zinc Lincoln Cent and thought I was probably wasting time being there at all.
Only got one hit after that - 6" to 7" down - a real nice 1882 Indian Cent.
Indian Cent # (51) FTY.

Good Hunting !
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 
Yesterday I did a 20 min. hunt along a 100 ft. long section of very old Sidewalk.
Dug a Zinc Lincoln Cent and thought I was probably wasting time being there at all.
Only got one hit after that - 6" to 7" down - a real nice 1882 Indian Cent.
Indian Cent # (51) FTY.

Good Hunting !
Nice job, good you stuck it in.
 
Yes, this hobby is very unpredictable - but that's what keeps it interesting.
I went on a hunt last month and literally less than two minutes into the hunt found a real nice Barber Dime.
Then no good finds at all for the next 2 hours. :tongue3:
Same experience here, dug up a 1928 silver quarter in this park and for the next 3 hours nothing. Went back to the same park for like maybe 3 or 4 more times, never did I find another old coin, I found an old spoon with markings and then lately found an old intact bullet. Not a single old coin again.
 
Yesterday I did a 20 min. hunt along a 100 ft. long section of very old Sidewalk.
Dug a Zinc Lincoln Cent and thought I was probably wasting time being there at all.
Only got one hit after that - 6" to 7" down - a real nice 1882 Indian Cent.
Indian Cent # (51) FTY.

Good Hunting !
Love that Patina.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom