What's new

Very Short Hunt Gives Up A 1800's Coin

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2020
Messages
10,312
Reaction score
23,361
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
XP Deus 2
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the way back from a job estimate yesterday about 30 miles from home I noticed a small sidewalk tear out.
This section of old sidewalk was just removed and was only about 50 ft. long.
Unless the weather is extremely hot or cold I always have my detecting gear with me in the vehicle.
Only took 15 minutes or so to hunt the area - glad I stopped - found a little Penny Trifecta.

Indian Cent - 1892
Wheat Cent - 1940
Memorial Cent - 1969

Good Hunting !
 

Attachments

  • MAH - 7-7-26-A.webp
    MAH - 7-7-26-A.webp
    13.6 KB · Views: 259
  • MAH - 7-7-26-B.webp
    MAH - 7-7-26-B.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 20
On the way back from a job estimate yesterday about 30 miles from home I noticed a small sidewalk tear out.
This section of old sidewalk was just removed and was only about 50 ft. long.
Unless the weather is extremely hot or cold I always have my detecting gear with me in the vehicle.
Only took 15 minutes or so to hunt the area - glad I stopped - found a little Penny Trifecta.

Indian Cent - 1892
Wheat Cent - 1940
Memorial Cent - 1969

Good Hunting !
A nice tri-fecta! Good for you.
 
Nice looking IH my friend, I always love the verdigris on those Indian Heads. :thumbsup:
Dave
I agree - the heavy green patina looks great to most of us in the hobby.
But when I showed one to the owner of a local coin shop years ago - he said that coin collectors hate them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom