Attachments

• DSCN0003 (Small) (2).JPG
    DSCN0003 (Small) (2).JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 883
  • DSCN0004 (Small).JPG
    DSCN0004 (Small).JPG
    46 KB · Views: 886
Upvote 0
Thats a coin I want to check off my list of things to find....Good job, just dont see too many of those being posted

THAT IS AWESOME

Never found one YET... hopefully 1 day I will

Nice job

Attachments

• THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 666
  • THUMBS UP.gif
    THUMBS UP.gif
    30.5 KB · Views: 670
Welcome to the forum Parkerized. OMG that is one awesome find. Sure would love to find one of those too.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

That is an awesome coin. We are seeing a lot more of these lately...congrats!

Excellent! That's only the third flying eagle cent I've seen posted on the net and they have all come just recently! Monty

They're hard to find because they were only made from 1856-58. They only minted about 2000 of them in 1856, because it was the first of the American small cents, and they wanted to test them in 1856 to see if they would be popular or not. So if you find an 1856 they're even rarer, and you can really be excited!

wow...you are so lucky.....oldest coin i found so far is 1919 cent.

Very nice find. It is definitely on my list of things I would like to find.

Ed D.

Ooooooohhhhh, I like that!

SUPER FIND...... :o

Put it on ebay and see what happens ;D

I notice a lot of people put their finds on ebay. I keep all my "treasures" and would never think of putting them on ebay. Mainly because they would show up on Tnet as a post saying something like,"Can you believe what this nut is trying to sell on ebay"? ;D Monty

Flying Eagles seen to be as hard to find as gold coins. Nice job!
I found one but it was when I was digging out my parents bushes when I was a kid. Nice find!

WOW......That one is in fantastic condition! Amazing the things we find smack in our own backyards. I took that advice from the folks here and found my first gold ring a few weeks ago. I am to the point of asking a LOT of people if I can detect on their property...Mostly friends of course,but so far so good!
Great dig man!

~Nashoba~

Could anybody give me an idea of what this coin would rate, by the pics I posted? Just curious,I doubt I'd ever sell it.Is there a guide or reference to teach you how to grade coins?
Thanks

That is a find you will remember,be a really lucky man to ever dig another one of those in your life. Your mother in law would be my new bestest buddy if I were you,Id rake leaves,clean gutters,mow the grass whatever it takes to get back out in that yard,maybe some kids took turns seeing how far flying eagles could fly :}

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back