Found a 1913 Barber Dime amd a 1890 Seated Dime!

justdigging50

Sep 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC and Minelab Explorer II

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 681
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 669
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 671
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 668
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 669
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 677
Upvote 0
let me be the 1st to say congrats!!!!!!!!!!! on ur 1st..... :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Congrats on finding the Seated and the Barber dimes.
They are in great condition. Gold Nuggets :hello:

nice silver dimes :icon_thumleft: always good to find your first .Good Hunt Jim

Oh yea those are some nice looking dimes. Hope you fine more of them this year...Matt

congrats they are both great looking iam still looking for mine :notworthy: happy hunting ron

Awesome silver coin finds, justdigging50, and good vid! :headbang:
You've got the right machine to find the deep silver.

I can see in your video that you wanted to be very careful not to scratch your silver coins, but your pics of them show micro scratches all going in one direction. That's a sign of over zealous rubbing. Use extra care when trying to clean your old silvers, especially those barbers and seateds. Most times, the natural patina of a barber/seated is more desired than a super-cleaned, shiny one.

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

I think you shot your load . I wouldn't expect to find another seated in that condition for a real long time. That coin looks near mint.

A great day in my book. That seated looks like it was lost when it was new. Barber's not too shabby either. :thumbsup:

Congrats on the two dimes. They both look to be in great shape.
Dman

Would love to find some silver here that is as good as the silver you pulled from the ground. Both the
Barber and the Seated are in nice, nice condition. Slow and careful, slow and careful when cleaning silver
is the word. Hope you find some more in that condition. Good luck. H.H. hikeinmts :thumbsup:

:headbang: :headbang:

Attachments

• Big Congrats.gif
    Big Congrats.gif
    161.6 KB · Views: 297
  • Big Congrats.gif
    Big Congrats.gif
    161.6 KB · Views: 296
Thanks for the feed back guys. I'll definitely be more careful cleaning next time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back