What's new

Found a bit 'o gold amongst the sinkers!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2012
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
3,199
Golden Thread
1
Location
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit two spots today, first one was a bust, high winds haven't been good and any sand movement seems to be on to the beach, the second didn't look much better, you could see the remains of a small cut which was certainly a step up! I gave it a shot and started digging sinker after sinker. I kept at it just gridding the area hoping for something more than lead and a few clad coins, and it payed off. Nice 14K, 5.8g men's band. Obviously, alot of crap was there as well and I'm glad I came home with some yellow for all that digging. Wish I could have gotten into the water in this area but the surf was too high. There was a big black "lump" of something that turned out to be an old spark plug, you can see the impression of the parts that rusted away left in it.

I know some are having a hard time of it this year as the conditions just ain't the same in some places (storms haven't done us any favors eh?) but keep at it, you know it's there........you've all had good years, bad years and GREAT years, lets home 2017 is a GREAT year for everyone!

20161110_093611.webp20161110_124213.webp20161110_125030.webp20161110_133341.webp20161110_133348.webp20161110_133355.webp20161110_133421.webp20161110_133335.webp20161110_135931.webpDocBeav 2016 Gold Ring #26.webp
 
Upvote 46
What a great ring! Congrats on your finds. ~Lisa & John
 
GOLD
Good for you.
 
tn_outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
Nice gold strike Doc...lots of goodies...LOTS! and there's about half a Hyundai worth of lead!...great digs, always nice to drag some gold home...ddf
 
Sweet piece of gold. Congrats. Makes me want to get out again. NOT
 
Congratualtions on the keepers! That GOLD ring sure was a nice find! :occasion14:
 
A gold day is a great day!
 
Gz on the nice gold Doc! Remember, if it came easy it would not be worth so much! Thanks for sharing.
 
Very nice find
 
WTG Doc!! Good to see treasure coming from the southern part of the bay!
 
That's a lot of targets but, I'm sure that one gold made it all worth while,.
Congrats!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom