What's new

Found a bottle dump. No clue what these are or age. Thoughts?

SCJohn

Jr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2016
Messages
67
Reaction score
333
Golden Thread
1
Location
Charleston, sc
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT propointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found these in a bottle dump on Saturday. Guessing 1920's to early 1940's. Found a bunch of broken torpedo bottles and a straight sided coke that had the entire lip broken off. Any thoughts will be helpful.

image.webp

image.webp
 
Yeah, I'd agree with your assessment of their age.
 
Do all the mold see go over the lips?
 
No. . Looked at each and the mold seams stop below the lips of the bottles. Thought they might be sauce jars or cocktails olive jars. Lots of broken large liquor and beer and soda bottles in the area that date to the 20's from what I can tell..but I'm not a bottle guy.
 
Congratualtions on the very interesting bottle finds! :occasion14:
 
Maybe spice bottles? Is there anything written on the bottom?
 
Your purple glass pre dates 1910 I think - due to a chemical in the glass up to around that time ,some clear bottles will achieve that purple color from exposure to the sun.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom