Found a celt last weekend

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Took a friend to look for fossils last weekend. We did well with the trilobites. He had never found an arrowhead so we crawled out of the creek and up into a nearby soy stubble field. I found this twenty minutes later. It has a lot of plow scratches but, it beats nothing at all. We walked for another hour and found a few flakes. I did find a crude pestle near the celt but, left it in the field.

Chuck

Attachments

• celt1.jpg
    celt1.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 352
  • celt2.jpg
    celt2.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 0
Nice celt! I have found a few flint ones, but no hardstone. Great find/artifact. It looks to be in great shape. Thanks for the view!

Nice Celt Chuck.

Where do you find your Trilobites? I would love to find one but haven't had any luck on a whole one. I hunted some road cuts near Maysville and found all kinds of Crinoids, Brachiapods, Cephalopods, Horned Coral, etc, but only a couple pieces of Trilobites.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. It was a nice bonus on top of the trilobites.

SRV- this particular day I was in Highland Co. Ohio in a creek bed digging. It is quite flat in this area of Ohio so luckily the creek exposes the fossil rich layer for us. If you are ever in my area look me up and I will get ya out.

I have found spectacular trilobite at the AA cut in Maysville. You just need to be looking at the right strata.

Chuck

Nice celt man, i got on a roll last week found 3 celts on the same rise...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back