What's new

Found A chest full of Treasure on the Outgoing Tide

petersra

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
577
Reaction score
14
Golden Thread
0
Location
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Since I am not finding any Gold these days with my metal detector, I decided to go shrimping the last couple of nights. At least I am getting SOME treasure from the sea, even if it isn't gold. Today I did the low tide on the beach and found $2.38 and a pair of junk earrings. Getting good exercise. HH, To ya'al, Ralph
 

Attachments

  • Shrimp 001.webp
    Shrimp 001.webp
    32.8 KB · Views: 1,132
Upvote 0
Very nice ... ya cast nettin them? a lil while longer here... Great Haul... :thumbsup:
 
That is treasure!! :icon_thumright: We had a 16 foot shrimp net that we would pull behind our boat when I was a kid. Man the stuff that you take for granted..
 
Gee, all those shrimp have my mouth watering.

Shrimp cocktails, shrimp on the BarB, garlic shrimp, deep fried shrimp, shrimp scampi, shrimp salad, cajun shrimp, grilled shrimp, shrimp salad, Kung Pao Shrimp, sweet and sour shrimp, shrimp fried rice, shrimp bisque -- oh, wait, now I'm starting to sound like Bubba in Forest Gump.

But, yummmmmmmm!

B
 
i did too a few weeks back
 

Attachments

  • 021shrimp.webp
    021shrimp.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,063
  • 004shrimp.webp
    004shrimp.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,042
  • 021shrimp.webp
    021shrimp.webp
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,042
Yummmmmmmmmie...........that is a nice treasure chest!!
 
Those are some serious shrimp. Chow down! :icon_thumleft:
 
Lookin good, here's one of last year's river roach hauls. :laughing7:

P1010209-1.jpg


And one of the monster river roaches! 8-1/2inches :o

P1010219-1.jpg
 
S.S.Tupperware said:
Very nice ... ya cast nettin them? a lil while longer here... Great Haul... :thumbsup:

Yes, Cast netting at night. It makes for some long nights with little sleep, since I tend to wake up about the same time no matter what time I go to bed. I throw an 8' net and my partner drives the boat. I get great exercise for my metal detecting shoulder muscles since things seem to be winding down around here. Few tourists on the beach these days. Night temp are now down into the 50's.... 48 quarts is the limit each day and we are planning to go out again tonight. HH ya'al. Ralph
 
Oh gosh ----- yum, yum, yum.

The ultimate oxymoron: jumbo shrimp :laughing7:


Those are some really good looking shrimp - nothing beats fresh shrimp. Hey ------ did I hear "PARTY" ????


Beth
 
When is the "season" for the big ones around Tampa Bay? Anyone know?
 
Don't know about Tampa, but on the East coast(Cocoa) normally the shrimp start to really run around November.

Do you wade for them or dip net them in Tampa?
 
Reminds me of my time with the boys on Shem Creek. Great haul. Keep up the good work. :icon_sunny:
 
Man!!! that's a great option to have when the detecting is not happening!!!
I'd be torn between the two myself. :-\
 
wildman4910 said:
Don't know about Tampa, but on the East coast(Cocoa) normally the shrimp start to really run around November.

Do you wade for them or dip net them in Tampa?
I have never done it, but know a few people that do... Havent been in touch with them for a couple years though. They dip net them, at night, with headlamps on.. Low tides in the sea grass..
I need to make sure and get out this year... Probably my last in Florida..
 
Link to T.B. shrimp site== OzelloSrimper

On the above link they say in T.B. they flats shrimp from May through July.

I have seen video of the guys over in T.B. walking the flats with nets or trap baskets at night.

Here on the east coast we mainly dip net, trap, or cast net them.

I don't really like to wade in the river at night here as there is quite a population of alligator's here in the river. :o

That and most of the shallow flats you need a boat to get to. >:(
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom