Found a childs cache...

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
Found a child's cache...

Well,
I was off to my usual 1880's farmhouse, when, about halfway there, I decided to give that place a rest for a while. Instead, I went to an old house being torn down, and did a little investigating with the neighbors to find the owner. I had the honor of meeting this gentleman today. Spent about half an hour talking to him before I left. He's a WWII Vet and his family lives in Texas, so I decided that my fiance' and I are going to bake some cookies and bring them to him and his wife this weekend. Great old man...
Anyway, here's the cache :P (10 are hot wheels)
16 vehicles.jpg

My favorites...
classicsNfav.jpg

And I found this in the back. I don't know what it is, but it screwed into something or a lid screwed onto it...not very big though. It says "GUERLIAN COPYRIGHT 1981 PARIS." I thought it was all corroded until I put CLR on it. It now looks bronze?
Paris whatzit.jpg
Pariswhatzit bottom.jpg

I know I enjoy seeing pics of the place hunted, so...here's the house...
H19hs.jpg

I dug the cache under the middle tree.
H19bn.jpg

Got warm enough for the slugs again, this one is only 3" they get up to 6" or 7" by the end of the season.
slug2.jpg

Thanks for lookin' peeps!

~Tom

Upvote 0
Re: Found a child's cache...

what were the cars stashed in? a old lunch box?

Nope, found them all together, but had to scrub them off. Took a little while, but I am going to give them to a neighborhood kid, so it made it worth while.

~Tom

uh some of those real " hot wheel" cars can be a valuible collectibles--- I 'd check them out before just handing them out as a play toy . most likely not but who knows?
Ivan

Thanks for the tip Ivan...I had forgotten about that!

~Tom

Looks like you found the whole car lot there ,,, outstanding,,, Guzz

Tom,
Neat post. Thanks for the pictures of the property. Great idea bringing that man some cookies.
That white convertible Hotwheel is my favorite. Nice car cache.
GUERLIAN is a cosmetic and beauty products company and still in business. Maybe that is a lipstick case?
Congrats,
MM

Nice hunt & story!
I'd be extremely careful around that chimney however!
Someone should go ahead and topple it for sure!

GRB

no its not a lipstick holder, its a perfume holder... I know, as thats my favorite perfume and I have one exactly like it... you slide the bottle out and put the new one in when you run out.. and by the way..its a very expensive perfume..shalimar, Made by Guerlian.

Not to pick the fly poop out of the pepper (so to speak), but isn't that 'Guerlain'?

I think you have the cars mixed up its (Matchbox Cars) you want. :icon_study:

Keep @ it and HH!!

Hope you hunted where the clothes line used to be!

I know you did. I am just a bit envious of you finding such a dandy site.

That sidewalk looks like it could harbor a nice Barber half. Hmmmm

Thanks for posting.

aj

Cool Finds Tom!

I especially like the '40 Ford Tudor and the '64 T-Bird!

I'll be home pretty soon to start making some finds of my own finally.

Also, I'm working on going active duty and am trying to get an instructor gig at Lost-In-The-Woods, so maybe I'll be nearby soon and we can do some huntin'!

-SgtSki

Neat cars! I would love to hunt that place! Thanks for taking us to your hunting site.

Way to go Flyer, Nice finds and great site.

SKD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back