What's new

Found a Dalton this morning.....

d2

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2005
Messages
1,517
Reaction score
989
Golden Thread
0
Location
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pretty little unit and it is one of several that I have but this one has been sharpened to the point it looks like a screw. A few others I have are like this but maybe not as much. Is there a reason they were made this way? If there is a purpose for it please let me know. Thanks...d2
 

Attachments

  • 153.webp
    153.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 158.webp
    158.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 0
The twist comes from resharpening - doing one side then flipping it over and sharpening the other side! This one's sweet in that its been sharpened down to a nub!
 
Yup, very nice find. Is that Crowleys Ridge Flint?
 
I have no idea what type of flint it is made of, sorry. Thanks for the info...d2
 
Do you think it was redone so many times that they started using it as a knife?
 
Nice looking point d2.
HH
 
Nice find! I love the way Daltons and some other types have that distinct resharpening...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom