What's new

San Patrice vs Dalton

LandSeig

Hero Member
Joined
May 16, 2020
Messages
547
Reaction score
1,508
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking at San Patrice points and how they look like used up Daltons. Maybe I’m way off but I was just curious on this and how certain types of points would change classification as they were sharpened and reused/repurposed. Any thoughts on this?
 
Upvote 3
I could see where you’re coming from i wouldn’t know enough about those points to weigh in but it does make me think of this book and what Dickson thinks on the subject, I think he makes a solid argument
IMG_1601.webp
IMG_1602.webp
 
I know from knapping points that sometimes I might break an ear off and have to go with something else or if there is an area that is giving me problems have to rework the point entirely. Like in blade smithing you don’t make mistakes, just smaller knives.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom